Shemar Moore Sentenced to 36 Months Probation in DUI Case
The time has come for Shemar Moore to pay the price of his bad attitude. The actor, famous for his portrayal of Malcolm Winters in TV series "The Young and the Restless" (1994 – 2002), was sentenced to probation and community service in an alcohol-related speeding case.
Back on June 1st, Shemar was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol just after 1 a.m. after he was caught exceeding the 65 mph speed limit near Santa Monica Boulevard. He, as a consequence, was charged on June 22nd with driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent or above.
His lawyer soon thereafter appeared before judge and entered a no-contest plea to Exhibition of Speed, and Shemar was pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of exhibition of speed, and the DUI charges were dropped.
As part of the plea deal, Moore has agreed to serve DUI-related conditions, including not driving with alcohol in his system, 80 hours of community service and was given the choice of wearing an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet. He's not yet made a choice on the community service though.
In addition to all, Moore also is placed under 36 months probation, which hopefully would help him stay away from troubles.
More Shemar Moore News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'