Shemar Moore Sentenced to 36 Months Probation in DUI Case
The time has come for Shemar Moore to pay the price of his bad attitude. The actor, famous for his portrayal of Malcolm Winters in TV series "The Young and the Restless" (1994 – 2002), was sentenced to probation and community service in an alcohol-related speeding case.
Back on June 1st, Shemar was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol just after 1 a.m. after he was caught exceeding the 65 mph speed limit near Santa Monica Boulevard. He, as a consequence, was charged on June 22nd with driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 percent or above.
His lawyer soon thereafter appeared before judge and entered a no-contest plea to Exhibition of Speed, and Shemar was pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of exhibition of speed, and the DUI charges were dropped.
As part of the plea deal, Moore has agreed to serve DUI-related conditions, including not driving with alcohol in his system, 80 hours of community service and was given the choice of wearing an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet. He's not yet made a choice on the community service though.
In addition to all, Moore also is placed under 36 months probation, which hopefully would help him stay away from troubles.
More Shemar Moore News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media