Not Again, Lindsay Lohan Busted on Suspicion of DUI
Say it isn't so. Lindsay Lohan gets into another DUI trouble. The actress-singer was arrested early Tuesday July 24th on suspicion of driving under the influence, driving with a suspended license, possession of a controlled substance and bringing contraband into a custody facility.
Her being booked by officers in Santa Monica was a bad news for us judging that it occurred only 11 days after she finished her 45-days rehab stint in Promises after which she voluntarily wearing an alcohol monitoring anklet to show everyone that she's sober.
Lieutenant Alex Padilla explained Lindsay's arrest, saying she was arrested at 2:16 a.m. after being involved in a high-speed chase with the mother of her personal assistant. "She was chasing after another car," Padilla said. "The other car was being driven by the mother of her personal assistant, who had just quit her job earlier ... probably about a couple of hours before the incident occurred."
"She was trying to catch the mother of her personal assistant. Why she was trying to catch her, we don't know," Padilla revealed further. Lindsay was then booked into the Santa Monica police station at 4:23 a.m. And after a further search police found a small amount of cocaine in her possession and worse her blood alcohol level was between 0.12 and 0.13, which is obviously above California's legal limit of 0.8.
Lindsay was released at 6:20 a.m. on $25,000 (U.S.) bail. And while her representative would not comment on the arrest, the star's lawyer Blair Berk issued a statement Tuesday morning, saying "Addiction is a terrible and vicious disease. Since Lindsay transitioned to outpatient care, she has been monitored on a SCRAM bracelet and tested daily in order to support her sobriety. Throughout this period, I have received timely and accurate reports from the testing companies. Unfortunately, late yesterday I was informed that Lindsay had relapsed. The bracelet has now been removed. She is safe, out of custody and presently receiving medical care."
Lindsay is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 24th to face the charges.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival