"Phoenix" Still Rising High Across the Globe
Maintains to lure audience with its darker story, great special effects, and engaging ensemble performances, sure it is easy for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to once more draw big bucks into its burgeoning pocket and so, holds its No. 1 position for the second time on the weekend international box office ended July 22, 2007.
The latest bespectacled young wizard tale smoothly makes its way to pull in impressive number of $100.8 million from more than 13,000 prints in 58 markets overseas, becoming only the third movie to pass the $100 million mark in its second weekend alongside 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded" and this year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End." Worldwide tally now stands at $558 million, making it the 40th top-grossing film around the globe in turn.
Elsewhere, other summer blockbusters also continue to fare rather well in their international run. Robot movie "Transformers" gains $34 million at 4,315 screens in 42 territories to raise a total of $455 million with action flick "Live Free or Die Hard" pulling in $23 million at 5,500 in 51 markets. Meanwhile, DreamWorks' animated hit "Shrek the Third" wonderfully scores a decent income of $10.6 million from 4,544 in 54 territories for a beefy total of $381.4 million.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes