"Phoenix" Still Rising High Across the Globe
Maintains to lure audience with its darker story, great special effects, and engaging ensemble performances, sure it is easy for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to once more draw big bucks into its burgeoning pocket and so, holds its No. 1 position for the second time on the weekend international box office ended July 22, 2007.
The latest bespectacled young wizard tale smoothly makes its way to pull in impressive number of $100.8 million from more than 13,000 prints in 58 markets overseas, becoming only the third movie to pass the $100 million mark in its second weekend alongside 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded" and this year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End." Worldwide tally now stands at $558 million, making it the 40th top-grossing film around the globe in turn.
Elsewhere, other summer blockbusters also continue to fare rather well in their international run. Robot movie "Transformers" gains $34 million at 4,315 screens in 42 territories to raise a total of $455 million with action flick "Live Free or Die Hard" pulling in $23 million at 5,500 in 51 markets. Meanwhile, DreamWorks' animated hit "Shrek the Third" wonderfully scores a decent income of $10.6 million from 4,544 in 54 territories for a beefy total of $381.4 million.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger