"Phoenix" Still Rising High Across the Globe
Maintains to lure audience with its darker story, great special effects, and engaging ensemble performances, sure it is easy for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to once more draw big bucks into its burgeoning pocket and so, holds its No. 1 position for the second time on the weekend international box office ended July 22, 2007.
The latest bespectacled young wizard tale smoothly makes its way to pull in impressive number of $100.8 million from more than 13,000 prints in 58 markets overseas, becoming only the third movie to pass the $100 million mark in its second weekend alongside 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded" and this year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End." Worldwide tally now stands at $558 million, making it the 40th top-grossing film around the globe in turn.
Elsewhere, other summer blockbusters also continue to fare rather well in their international run. Robot movie "Transformers" gains $34 million at 4,315 screens in 42 territories to raise a total of $455 million with action flick "Live Free or Die Hard" pulling in $23 million at 5,500 in 51 markets. Meanwhile, DreamWorks' animated hit "Shrek the Third" wonderfully scores a decent income of $10.6 million from 4,544 in 54 territories for a beefy total of $381.4 million.
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel