"Phoenix" Still Rising High Across the Globe
Maintains to lure audience with its darker story, great special effects, and engaging ensemble performances, sure it is easy for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" to once more draw big bucks into its burgeoning pocket and so, holds its No. 1 position for the second time on the weekend international box office ended July 22, 2007.
The latest bespectacled young wizard tale smoothly makes its way to pull in impressive number of $100.8 million from more than 13,000 prints in 58 markets overseas, becoming only the third movie to pass the $100 million mark in its second weekend alongside 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded" and this year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End." Worldwide tally now stands at $558 million, making it the 40th top-grossing film around the globe in turn.
Elsewhere, other summer blockbusters also continue to fare rather well in their international run. Robot movie "Transformers" gains $34 million at 4,315 screens in 42 territories to raise a total of $455 million with action flick "Live Free or Die Hard" pulling in $23 million at 5,500 in 51 markets. Meanwhile, DreamWorks' animated hit "Shrek the Third" wonderfully scores a decent income of $10.6 million from 4,544 in 54 territories for a beefy total of $381.4 million.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off