Duo Prima J Coming to "Rock" Music Industry
Another sisterly act has entered the music world. Prima J, a pop group consisting of cousins Jessica and Janelle Martinez are two but "Bratz", although their debut single "Rockstar" is made the official soundtrack of the movie.
From being everyday teenager to one of the artists signed to Geffen, the Spanish duo admit they are in temporary shock of how fast things can get on. "None of this has hit either of us yet," said 18 years-old Janelle. "I feel like I'm dreaming and someone needs to wake me up." The next thing they know are busy days recording songs, shooting music videos, and make promotional appearances.
The girls who started their professional career in 2006 found themselves in the blend of Mariah Carey, Missy Elliott and a dash of Sade. Coming from suburb of Los Angeles, they felt so lucky in the first hand to be found by R&B recording artist Nikki Flores while dancing and doing their usual routines. Flores was the bridge to singer Stefani Ridel who quickly anticipated the talents and suggested they launch their career as a duo.
What appears to be the best thing from all these experiences is to get what they really like to do. Jessica, 19, said, "We love dancing, and we were dancing all day. It's so great to get this opportunity to do it in front of a camera, and show people that we do belong here!"
Prima J's debut album is being baked in the studio and will be out the end of this year. They are currently in promotion of single "Rockstar" which video has been premiered on Yahoo! Music on July 16.
Watch "Rockstar" Music Video below:
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement