Andy Fickman Climbs the "Mountain"
Ready to pump out the moviegoers' adrenaline, Andy Fickman has given his commitment to direct "Witch Mountain" for Walt Disney Pictures, a modern re-imagining of the studio's classic 1975 adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
Based on a science fiction novel by Alexander Key, the original focused on a pair of siblings endowed with paranormal powers, who go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. The flick later hatched a sequel in 1978, "Return to Witch Mountain", as well as made-for-TV movie "Beyond to Witch Mountain" in 1982.
No word yet on who to star in, but it is confirmed that Matt Lopez has been assigned to pen the current draft with Disney-based Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films. Meanwhile, Gunn's producing partner Ann Marie Sanderlin, whom Gunn previously collaborated with in 2005's "Sky High", will serve as the executive producer.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered