Andy Fickman Climbs the "Mountain"
Ready to pump out the moviegoers' adrenaline, Andy Fickman has given his commitment to direct "Witch Mountain" for Walt Disney Pictures, a modern re-imagining of the studio's classic 1975 adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
Based on a science fiction novel by Alexander Key, the original focused on a pair of siblings endowed with paranormal powers, who go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. The flick later hatched a sequel in 1978, "Return to Witch Mountain", as well as made-for-TV movie "Beyond to Witch Mountain" in 1982.
No word yet on who to star in, but it is confirmed that Matt Lopez has been assigned to pen the current draft with Disney-based Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films. Meanwhile, Gunn's producing partner Ann Marie Sanderlin, whom Gunn previously collaborated with in 2005's "Sky High", will serve as the executive producer.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences