Andy Fickman Climbs the "Mountain"
Ready to pump out the moviegoers' adrenaline, Andy Fickman has given his commitment to direct "Witch Mountain" for Walt Disney Pictures, a modern re-imagining of the studio's classic 1975 adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
Based on a science fiction novel by Alexander Key, the original focused on a pair of siblings endowed with paranormal powers, who go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. The flick later hatched a sequel in 1978, "Return to Witch Mountain", as well as made-for-TV movie "Beyond to Witch Mountain" in 1982.
No word yet on who to star in, but it is confirmed that Matt Lopez has been assigned to pen the current draft with Disney-based Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films. Meanwhile, Gunn's producing partner Ann Marie Sanderlin, whom Gunn previously collaborated with in 2005's "Sky High", will serve as the executive producer.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift