Andy Fickman Climbs the "Mountain"
Ready to pump out the moviegoers' adrenaline, Andy Fickman has given his commitment to direct "Witch Mountain" for Walt Disney Pictures, a modern re-imagining of the studio's classic 1975 adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."
Based on a science fiction novel by Alexander Key, the original focused on a pair of siblings endowed with paranormal powers, who go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. The flick later hatched a sequel in 1978, "Return to Witch Mountain", as well as made-for-TV movie "Beyond to Witch Mountain" in 1982.
No word yet on who to star in, but it is confirmed that Matt Lopez has been assigned to pen the current draft with Disney-based Andrew Gunn producing via his Gunn Films. Meanwhile, Gunn's producing partner Ann Marie Sanderlin, whom Gunn previously collaborated with in 2005's "Sky High", will serve as the executive producer.
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens