Handfuls Striving to Be a "Star"
As filming has already begun on Jessica Simpson's new vehicle "Major Movie Star", a number of acting talents have reportedly been picked up to accompany the pop sensation in the cast of the comedy apart from the previously-announced Jill Marie Jones.
On the female side, names hired include Vivica A. Fox, Cheri Oteri, Olesya Rulin, Keiko Agena, and Aimee Garcia while Steve Guttenberg, Ryan Sypek, and Gary Grubbs are rounding out the male cast.
Fox is learned to portray an intimidating training officer named Sgt. Louisa Morley who goes hard on Simpson's character Megan with Oteri playing Pvt. Jeter, the most gung-ho recruit on the base and Megan's arch-nemesis and Rulin, Agena, plus Garcia all becoming Megan's fellow reservists. Meanwhile, Guttenberg, Grubbs, and Sypek will act as the star's controlling agent Sidney Green, Gen. Greer, and Sgt. Mills Evans, the handsome officer Megan falls for, respectively.
"Texas Rangers" helmer Steve Miner is directing from script by April Blair and Holly Sorensen which recently received revisions from Oteri with Bill Gerber, Joe Simpson, Randall Emmett, and Denise Di Novi all producing. Serving as the executive producers are Avi Lerner, Michael P. Flannigan, Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson, and Joe Gatta.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host