Handfuls Striving to Be a "Star"
As filming has already begun on Jessica Simpson's new vehicle "Major Movie Star", a number of acting talents have reportedly been picked up to accompany the pop sensation in the cast of the comedy apart from the previously-announced Jill Marie Jones.
On the female side, names hired include Vivica A. Fox, Cheri Oteri, Olesya Rulin, Keiko Agena, and Aimee Garcia while Steve Guttenberg, Ryan Sypek, and Gary Grubbs are rounding out the male cast.
Fox is learned to portray an intimidating training officer named Sgt. Louisa Morley who goes hard on Simpson's character Megan with Oteri playing Pvt. Jeter, the most gung-ho recruit on the base and Megan's arch-nemesis and Rulin, Agena, plus Garcia all becoming Megan's fellow reservists. Meanwhile, Guttenberg, Grubbs, and Sypek will act as the star's controlling agent Sidney Green, Gen. Greer, and Sgt. Mills Evans, the handsome officer Megan falls for, respectively.
"Texas Rangers" helmer Steve Miner is directing from script by April Blair and Holly Sorensen which recently received revisions from Oteri with Bill Gerber, Joe Simpson, Randall Emmett, and Denise Di Novi all producing. Serving as the executive producers are Avi Lerner, Michael P. Flannigan, Danny Dimbort, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson, and Joe Gatta.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards