Korn Selecting Songs to Cover for New Album
A new direction to Korn's highly anticipated album has been unveiled. The nu metal band may have a set of songs that are fully covers for the untitled album that is arriving July 31 via Virgin.
Frontman Jonathan Davis told Billboard, "We've already done, like, 'Love My Way' from Psychedelic Furs. We've done 'We Care a Lot' from Faith No More [and Nine Inch Nails'] 'Head Like a Hole.' Those are already recorded. We just gotta get in and do some more."
The "more" here is specified by Davis as a list of songs that he personally hopes to be able to cover. Within the list are Prince's "Erotic City," Ozzy Osbourne's "Diary of a Madman" and Debbie Deb's "Lookout Weekend". Bassist Reggie Avizu and guitarist James Shaffer have also laid out their own set of lists.
Before completing the record, the band will hit the road first for Vamily Values Tour that comes with supports from Evanescence, Atreyu, Flyleaf, Trivium and newly formed rock band Hellyeah. The jaunt starts today (July 20) in St Louis and will visit more than 15 other cities such as Houston, Oklahoma, Phoenix, and San Francisco before wrapping up in Washington.
The tour that was created by Korn back in 1998 promises a stage presentation that is beyond belief. Davis said, "The hugest thing we've ever done -- lights, everything. The show gradually goes and at the end it totally peaks. It's definitely different for us. The fans are gonna be very pleased."
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'