Korn Selecting Songs to Cover for New Album
A new direction to Korn's highly anticipated album has been unveiled. The nu metal band may have a set of songs that are fully covers for the untitled album that is arriving July 31 via Virgin.
Frontman Jonathan Davis told Billboard, "We've already done, like, 'Love My Way' from Psychedelic Furs. We've done 'We Care a Lot' from Faith No More [and Nine Inch Nails'] 'Head Like a Hole.' Those are already recorded. We just gotta get in and do some more."
The "more" here is specified by Davis as a list of songs that he personally hopes to be able to cover. Within the list are Prince's "Erotic City," Ozzy Osbourne's "Diary of a Madman" and Debbie Deb's "Lookout Weekend". Bassist Reggie Avizu and guitarist James Shaffer have also laid out their own set of lists.
Before completing the record, the band will hit the road first for Vamily Values Tour that comes with supports from Evanescence, Atreyu, Flyleaf, Trivium and newly formed rock band Hellyeah. The jaunt starts today (July 20) in St Louis and will visit more than 15 other cities such as Houston, Oklahoma, Phoenix, and San Francisco before wrapping up in Washington.
The tour that was created by Korn back in 1998 promises a stage presentation that is beyond belief. Davis said, "The hugest thing we've ever done -- lights, everything. The show gradually goes and at the end it totally peaks. It's definitely different for us. The fans are gonna be very pleased."
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video
- Ryan Murphy Shares New 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Clue
- Topless Kylie Jenner Smokes Cigarette in Throwback Photo
- 'Preacher' 2.02 Sneak Peeks: Jesse Confronts the Saint of Killers
- Artist of the Week: Selena Gomez
- Fighting Over Karrueche? Chris Brown's Crew Allegedly Confronts Migos at BET Awards After-Party
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List