Walden Media Bringing Up Surfing Tale
Appears to take a break from fantasy genre, Walden Media is on the move to develop an adventure movie that is set against the backdrop of Maverick's, home to one of the largest and most dangerous surf breaks on the planet, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Story will be based on the true events experienced by surfing prodigy Jay Moriarity, who, during his teens, took on the waves at Northern California surfing jewel Maverick's, where the winter swells pull in waves five stories tall. Prodding wise surfing elder Rick "Frosty" Hesson to prepare him, he finally put by the local legend through a program of intense physical training.
Names to direct and star have not yet been revealed, but it is reported that Daniel Barnz and Ned Zeman have both been tapped to pen the screenplay for the film with Jim Meenaghan and Brandon Hoope producing. Meenaghan was previously credited for his work in business and legal affairs of 2004's "The Passion of the Christ" while Hoope is known more as an actor, having appeared in TV series "General Hospital" and "Renegade" as well as movies like "Strike Back" and "The Apocalypse."
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'