Walden Media Bringing Up Surfing Tale
Appears to take a break from fantasy genre, Walden Media is on the move to develop an adventure movie that is set against the backdrop of Maverick's, home to one of the largest and most dangerous surf breaks on the planet, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Story will be based on the true events experienced by surfing prodigy Jay Moriarity, who, during his teens, took on the waves at Northern California surfing jewel Maverick's, where the winter swells pull in waves five stories tall. Prodding wise surfing elder Rick "Frosty" Hesson to prepare him, he finally put by the local legend through a program of intense physical training.
Names to direct and star have not yet been revealed, but it is reported that Daniel Barnz and Ned Zeman have both been tapped to pen the screenplay for the film with Jim Meenaghan and Brandon Hoope producing. Meenaghan was previously credited for his work in business and legal affairs of 2004's "The Passion of the Christ" while Hoope is known more as an actor, having appeared in TV series "General Hospital" and "Renegade" as well as movies like "Strike Back" and "The Apocalypse."
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo