Walden Media Bringing Up Surfing Tale
Appears to take a break from fantasy genre, Walden Media is on the move to develop an adventure movie that is set against the backdrop of Maverick's, home to one of the largest and most dangerous surf breaks on the planet, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Story will be based on the true events experienced by surfing prodigy Jay Moriarity, who, during his teens, took on the waves at Northern California surfing jewel Maverick's, where the winter swells pull in waves five stories tall. Prodding wise surfing elder Rick "Frosty" Hesson to prepare him, he finally put by the local legend through a program of intense physical training.
Names to direct and star have not yet been revealed, but it is reported that Daniel Barnz and Ned Zeman have both been tapped to pen the screenplay for the film with Jim Meenaghan and Brandon Hoope producing. Meenaghan was previously credited for his work in business and legal affairs of 2004's "The Passion of the Christ" while Hoope is known more as an actor, having appeared in TV series "General Hospital" and "Renegade" as well as movies like "Strike Back" and "The Apocalypse."
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too