Shakira Asked Fiance to Sign Pre-Nuptial Agreement
Shakira apparently learning her best from the many failed marriages that she has asked fiance Antonio de la Rua to sign a prenuptial agreement before they walk down the altar September later this year.
A local newspaper in Argentina called Clarin wrote that the Colombian pop superstar has asked her lawyer fiance to renounce any right to her fortune, should they divorce. "When you're very much in love you have plenty of people giving you advice, and none of them wants to see what happened to Paul McCartney happen to her," the paper reported.
The paper, moreover, also revealed the songbird's intention to start a family, saying "Shakira has already made the decision to marry Antonio de la Rua. When she was on tour in Buenos Aires she also said that her wishes to become a mother are getting more and more intense."
Shakira and Antonio, the lawyer son of former Argentine president Fernando de la Rua, have been engaged for six years. They are expected to exchange vows at a lavish mansion in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, in September.
Meanwhile, Shakira has unveiled a new campaign to raise US$200 million for the fight against juvenile malnutrition and hunger in Latin America. Four concerts are slated to be held in Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro and New York in 2007 in a bid to reach the sum, which will be pumped into joint initiatives with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF).
More Shakira News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation