Stars Rolling for "Reel Moments"
Three Hollywood actresses are all going behind the camera this year to make their debut in directing field for sure.
Variety has reported that Kirsten Dunst, Kate Hudson, and Rita Wilson are on their way to go into production in Los Angeles for shorts features they have been assigned to helm as part of Glamour magazine's third series of "Reel Moments."
Each picking one inspiring story posted by the magazine's readers to shoot it in just three days with a mid-six-figure budget and no re-shoots, Dunst will film her short in August and Hudson is said to start rolling the camera in several weeks in Altadena while Wilson has already shot hers titled "The Trap" alongside director of photography Don Burgess at a landmark movie house in downtown L.A.
"I called in some favors," said Wilson, who also took input from husband Tom Hanks. "It's a story about someone getting in touch with who she is."
For Wilson's project, well-known names like Jeanne Tripplehorn, Aisha Tyler, and Channing Tatum have all been signed to round out the cast. As for Hudson's, which tells about the '70s-period father-daughter story, it will feature Kurt Russell, Dakota Fanning, Kevin Hart, and Chevy Chase, among others.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen