Stars Rolling for "Reel Moments"
Three Hollywood actresses are all going behind the camera this year to make their debut in directing field for sure.
Variety has reported that Kirsten Dunst, Kate Hudson, and Rita Wilson are on their way to go into production in Los Angeles for shorts features they have been assigned to helm as part of Glamour magazine's third series of "Reel Moments."
Each picking one inspiring story posted by the magazine's readers to shoot it in just three days with a mid-six-figure budget and no re-shoots, Dunst will film her short in August and Hudson is said to start rolling the camera in several weeks in Altadena while Wilson has already shot hers titled "The Trap" alongside director of photography Don Burgess at a landmark movie house in downtown L.A.
"I called in some favors," said Wilson, who also took input from husband Tom Hanks. "It's a story about someone getting in touch with who she is."
For Wilson's project, well-known names like Jeanne Tripplehorn, Aisha Tyler, and Channing Tatum have all been signed to round out the cast. As for Hudson's, which tells about the '70s-period father-daughter story, it will feature Kurt Russell, Dakota Fanning, Kevin Hart, and Chevy Chase, among others.
More Kirsten Dunst News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage