Leonardo DiCaprio and Discovery Communications to Build "Eco-Town"
Leonardo DiCaprio is getting more and more serious, if not obsessed, with environment. The hunk is teaming up with Discovery Communications to executive-produce a reality series chronicling the eco-friendly rebuild of Greensburg, Kansas, which was destroyed by a fierce tornado on May 4th.
The 13-part series, titled "Eco-Town", will chronicle the rebuilding of the small town which has more than 1,500 residents into a "sustainable model of eco-living and one that will save it from future environmental catastrophe."
Discovery Communications president and CEO David Zaslav made an announcement concerning that matter Friday July 13th during the company's portion of the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, adding that "Eco-Town" will help launch the company's Planet Green channel, which is scheduled to launch early next year.
"The centerpiece of the launch of Planet Green is going to be our effort to help the governor of Kansas and the town of Greensburg, Kan., to rebuild that town green," David Zaslav said. "It's not just about entertainment; we're going to put our resources into Greensburg and Planet Green and try to make a difference."
As of DiCaprio, the actor is in hand to executive produce the series through his company, Appian Way, along with Piligian and Discovery Studios, in addition to serve on the board of advisers for Planet Green.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship