Leonardo DiCaprio and Discovery Communications to Build "Eco-Town"
Leonardo DiCaprio is getting more and more serious, if not obsessed, with environment. The hunk is teaming up with Discovery Communications to executive-produce a reality series chronicling the eco-friendly rebuild of Greensburg, Kansas, which was destroyed by a fierce tornado on May 4th.
The 13-part series, titled "Eco-Town", will chronicle the rebuilding of the small town which has more than 1,500 residents into a "sustainable model of eco-living and one that will save it from future environmental catastrophe."
Discovery Communications president and CEO David Zaslav made an announcement concerning that matter Friday July 13th during the company's portion of the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, adding that "Eco-Town" will help launch the company's Planet Green channel, which is scheduled to launch early next year.
"The centerpiece of the launch of Planet Green is going to be our effort to help the governor of Kansas and the town of Greensburg, Kan., to rebuild that town green," David Zaslav said. "It's not just about entertainment; we're going to put our resources into Greensburg and Planet Green and try to make a difference."
As of DiCaprio, the actor is in hand to executive produce the series through his company, Appian Way, along with Piligian and Discovery Studios, in addition to serve on the board of advisers for Planet Green.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular