Leonardo DiCaprio and Discovery Communications to Build "Eco-Town"
Leonardo DiCaprio is getting more and more serious, if not obsessed, with environment. The hunk is teaming up with Discovery Communications to executive-produce a reality series chronicling the eco-friendly rebuild of Greensburg, Kansas, which was destroyed by a fierce tornado on May 4th.
The 13-part series, titled "Eco-Town", will chronicle the rebuilding of the small town which has more than 1,500 residents into a "sustainable model of eco-living and one that will save it from future environmental catastrophe."
Discovery Communications president and CEO David Zaslav made an announcement concerning that matter Friday July 13th during the company's portion of the Television Critics Assn. summer press tour at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, adding that "Eco-Town" will help launch the company's Planet Green channel, which is scheduled to launch early next year.
"The centerpiece of the launch of Planet Green is going to be our effort to help the governor of Kansas and the town of Greensburg, Kan., to rebuild that town green," David Zaslav said. "It's not just about entertainment; we're going to put our resources into Greensburg and Planet Green and try to make a difference."
As of DiCaprio, the actor is in hand to executive produce the series through his company, Appian Way, along with Piligian and Discovery Studios, in addition to serve on the board of advisers for Planet Green.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit