"The Golden Age" to Happen in Rome
Slated to have its North American premiere as a Gala Presentation at the 32nd Toronto International Film Festival held this September, period drama "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" will next encounter its world premiere at the upcoming Rome Film Festival as the opening movie for the event, organizers announced Thursday, July 12.
Marking the occasion, slated to take place in Sala Santa Cecilia on October 18, 2007, will be the movie's star Cate Blanchett, who will become the second Australian actress to open the festival after Nicole Kidman last year. Director Shekar Kapur is said to be also present to walk down the Auditoriumís Red Carpet alongside Blanchett there.
"The screening of Elizabeth: The Golden Age confirms the RomeFilmFest as a world top-quality event with great stars and international productions," the festival's President Goffredo Bettini remarked. "We are ready to set up a new RomeFilmFest edition, full of stars, films and events."
The sequel to 1998's "Elizabeth", "Age" finds Blanchett reprising her role of The Virgin Queen while exploring her relationship with Sir Walter Raleigh, her crusade against Mary Stuartís catholic conspiracy, and the victory over the Spanish Armada. Filming on the picture was carried out at Shepperton Studios and on a number of locations around the U.K., including Westminster Cathedral, Petworth House, Dorney Court, and St. John's College, Cambridge.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie