"The Golden Age" to Happen in Rome
Slated to have its North American premiere as a Gala Presentation at the 32nd Toronto International Film Festival held this September, period drama "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" will next encounter its world premiere at the upcoming Rome Film Festival as the opening movie for the event, organizers announced Thursday, July 12.
Marking the occasion, slated to take place in Sala Santa Cecilia on October 18, 2007, will be the movie's star Cate Blanchett, who will become the second Australian actress to open the festival after Nicole Kidman last year. Director Shekar Kapur is said to be also present to walk down the Auditoriumís Red Carpet alongside Blanchett there.
"The screening of Elizabeth: The Golden Age confirms the RomeFilmFest as a world top-quality event with great stars and international productions," the festival's President Goffredo Bettini remarked. "We are ready to set up a new RomeFilmFest edition, full of stars, films and events."
The sequel to 1998's "Elizabeth", "Age" finds Blanchett reprising her role of The Virgin Queen while exploring her relationship with Sir Walter Raleigh, her crusade against Mary Stuartís catholic conspiracy, and the victory over the Spanish Armada. Filming on the picture was carried out at Shepperton Studios and on a number of locations around the U.K., including Westminster Cathedral, Petworth House, Dorney Court, and St. John's College, Cambridge.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie