"Heroes" Villain Zachary Quinto to Join "Star Trek"?
Speculations keeps rotating high on the possible casting lineup of "Star Trek." After Oscar winner Adrien Brody was said to be on the run to play Mr. Spock, now words have it that someone else has been offered the part instead.
According to CHUD, filmmakers of the flick are currently in negotiations with Zachary Quinto to have him donned the suit of the Vulcan science officer, known for his distinguished ability of mind meld. The "Heroes" villain, who has been mentioned as a fan favorite for the role in many forums, first popped up on the "Trek" radar last year, expressing his interest in portraying the character.
"I missed the Superman Returns boat, so I'm angling for Star Trek," the actor said to Pittsburgh's Post-Gazette in a December 2006 interview. "People are constantly telling me I bear some resemblance to Leonard Nimoy."
A Paramount Pictures production, "Star Trek" is the planned eleventh big screen entry in Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise set for a December 25, 2008 release. "Lost" co-creator J.J. Abrams has been tapped to direct from script by duo Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman who are also serving as the project's executive producers.
More Star Trek News
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party