"Heroes" Villain Zachary Quinto to Join "Star Trek"?
Speculations keeps rotating high on the possible casting lineup of "Star Trek." After Oscar winner Adrien Brody was said to be on the run to play Mr. Spock, now words have it that someone else has been offered the part instead.
According to CHUD, filmmakers of the flick are currently in negotiations with Zachary Quinto to have him donned the suit of the Vulcan science officer, known for his distinguished ability of mind meld. The "Heroes" villain, who has been mentioned as a fan favorite for the role in many forums, first popped up on the "Trek" radar last year, expressing his interest in portraying the character.
"I missed the Superman Returns boat, so I'm angling for Star Trek," the actor said to Pittsburgh's Post-Gazette in a December 2006 interview. "People are constantly telling me I bear some resemblance to Leonard Nimoy."
A Paramount Pictures production, "Star Trek" is the planned eleventh big screen entry in Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise set for a December 25, 2008 release. "Lost" co-creator J.J. Abrams has been tapped to direct from script by duo Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman who are also serving as the project's executive producers.
More Star Trek News
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video