Walden Lauds the "Savvy" Teen
Faithful in delivering adolescent-targeted features, Walden Media is on the move to spark a new one entitled simply "Savvy" following its successful purchase on the film rights to Ingrid Law's debut novel of the same name.
Deal was announced in conjunction with the acquisition by Walden and Penguin Young Readers Group of North American rights to the writing work in a preemptive multi-book deal. It is informed that the book will be published under Dial Books for Young Readers/Walden Media banner in May next year.
A tale of a teenage girl with supernatural powers, the original presents a story about a family whose members finds out, upon turning 13, that they possess supernatural powers which they will retain for the rest of their lives, such as making it rain for days or creating furious gusts of wind. When the latest family member is about to hit the age, her life unexpectedly gets turned upside down by a tragic accident.
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera