"Transformers" Breaking Handfuls of Gross Records
As mighty as the robot aliens it presents, "Transformers" really proves to be one of the top movies DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures ever produce for it easily creates a number of new gross records, most of them being for non-sequel features.
For the first full day of release record, the sci-fi actioner satisfyingly opened on Tuesday, July 3 to rake in $27.8 million and beat out last year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" before outstripping 2004's "Spider-Man 2" for the July 4th holiday record with $29.073 million.
The latter number also led the flick to become the holder of Top daily gross in July and Top Wednesday gross of all time for a non-sequel records, replacing 2001's "Planet of the Apes" and 2004's "The Passion of The Christ" respectively, apart from the $19.177 million it made in setting a new one for Top Thursday gross for a non-sequel previously created by 1996's "Independence Day."
Extended its glory by raking in $ 70.5 million in its first weekend to raise a total tally of $155.4 million, pic then not only surpassed the opening-week record formerly set by "Spider-Man" in 2002, but also broke that of the top July 4th weekend for a non-sequel held by 2005's "War of the Worlds" as well as the July opening weekend for a non-sequel made by "Apes."
More Transformers News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media