"Transformers" Breaking Handfuls of Gross Records
As mighty as the robot aliens it presents, "Transformers" really proves to be one of the top movies DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures ever produce for it easily creates a number of new gross records, most of them being for non-sequel features.
For the first full day of release record, the sci-fi actioner satisfyingly opened on Tuesday, July 3 to rake in $27.8 million and beat out last year's "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" before outstripping 2004's "Spider-Man 2" for the July 4th holiday record with $29.073 million.
The latter number also led the flick to become the holder of Top daily gross in July and Top Wednesday gross of all time for a non-sequel records, replacing 2001's "Planet of the Apes" and 2004's "The Passion of The Christ" respectively, apart from the $19.177 million it made in setting a new one for Top Thursday gross for a non-sequel previously created by 1996's "Independence Day."
Extended its glory by raking in $ 70.5 million in its first weekend to raise a total tally of $155.4 million, pic then not only surpassed the opening-week record formerly set by "Spider-Man" in 2002, but also broke that of the top July 4th weekend for a non-sequel held by 2005's "War of the Worlds" as well as the July opening weekend for a non-sequel made by "Apes."
More Transformers News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce