Alan Parker Holds Dear the "Coram Boy"
Coming to his next effort after the upcoming "The Ice at the Bottom of the World", Alan Parker has given his agreement to both write and direct "Coram Boy", a co-production of Scott Rudin Productions, Ruby Films, and BBC Films in partnership with Miramax Films and the U.K. Film Council.
An adaptation of Jamila Gavin's Whitbread Children's Book Award winning novel of the same name, the project depicts the epic adventure of two orphans raised in Britain's Coram hospice in 1741 -- one rescued from an African slave ship, the other the abandoned son of the heir to a great estate.
Set to produce is Scott Rudin who will carry out the task alongside Allison Owen, known to be the editor of some video documentaries, including the 1993 "Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic." A substantial, prolific producer in Hollywood film industry, Rudin has produced more than seventy film titles in his career, the most recent one being "Notes on a Scandal", which scored four nominations at this year's Academy Awards.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway