Alan Parker Holds Dear the "Coram Boy"
Coming to his next effort after the upcoming "The Ice at the Bottom of the World", Alan Parker has given his agreement to both write and direct "Coram Boy", a co-production of Scott Rudin Productions, Ruby Films, and BBC Films in partnership with Miramax Films and the U.K. Film Council.
An adaptation of Jamila Gavin's Whitbread Children's Book Award winning novel of the same name, the project depicts the epic adventure of two orphans raised in Britain's Coram hospice in 1741 -- one rescued from an African slave ship, the other the abandoned son of the heir to a great estate.
Set to produce is Scott Rudin who will carry out the task alongside Allison Owen, known to be the editor of some video documentaries, including the 1993 "Ben-Hur: The Making of an Epic." A substantial, prolific producer in Hollywood film industry, Rudin has produced more than seventy film titles in his career, the most recent one being "Notes on a Scandal", which scored four nominations at this year's Academy Awards.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival