Chantal Kreviazuk Apologized to Avril Lavigne
For the bitter accusation of Avril Lavigne's songwriting ability, Chantal Kreviazuk has apologized in a released statement on July 10. Kreviazuk regretted the statement that she made in a June interview with Performing Songwriter magazine and held a press conference to straighten things up.
"I would like to apologize for any misconceptions concerning Avril Lavigne, which may have resulted from statements I made in my interview with Performing Songwriter Magazine," said Kreviazuk. "It was not my intention to call Avril's songwriting ability or ethics into question."
"My statements and any inference from my statements, which call into question Avril's ethics or ability as a respected and acclaimed songwriter, should be disregarded and are retracted. Avril is an accomplished songwriter and it has been my privilege to work with her."
Kreviazuk made the harsh accusation regarding Avril's songwriting ability after she was intimidated for not included in the writing credit of "Contagious", one of the tracks in Avril's latest effort. Kreviazuk said, I mean, Avril, songwriter? Avril doesn’t really sit and write songs by herself or anything.”
Avril has since dismissed the statement and put up her defense. In a released posting she wrote, " "Chantal's comments are damaging to my reputation and a clear defamation of my character and I am considering taking legal action." She continued, "I am not going to sit here and defend my writing skills. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. I know who I am and what I have done and accomplished and no one can take that away from me."
Meanwhile, the case with "Girlfriend" plagiarism is kept on as the two songwriters insisted on the song's similarity to their 1979 work "I Wanna be Your Boyfriend". The case is due to be heard in a California court on August 28.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role