Alicia Keys Presenting Different Edge in 3rd Set
Soulful singer Alicia Keys has turned to more rock and funk-driven vibe for her third studio album. Noting the mild transition, "As I Am" will be dropped October 23 via Key's long-time label J Records.
Keys who has been working with songwriter Linda Perry for this piece admitted that the process was somehow unusual due to their different background. Perry who comes from rock basis brings out the edge in Keys who originally walked in hip-hop and jazz stream. "She's rock but soulful as well," Keys said. "Together we're talking worldwide domination."
In front of the panel, John Mayer gave her assistance as well as Floetry's Marsha Ambrosius. Overall, she has described the whole process as incredible. "Being able to be so free with no expectations ... the results surpass whatever I could imagine," she said. "I am thankful and blessed at how this music is coming out."
Keys has premiered "The Thing About Love", one of the tracks she wrote with Perry in recent New Jersey Live Earth concert. Watch the footage below for a sneak peek of the new song.
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?