Alicia Keys Presenting Different Edge in 3rd Set
Soulful singer Alicia Keys has turned to more rock and funk-driven vibe for her third studio album. Noting the mild transition, "As I Am" will be dropped October 23 via Key's long-time label J Records.
Keys who has been working with songwriter Linda Perry for this piece admitted that the process was somehow unusual due to their different background. Perry who comes from rock basis brings out the edge in Keys who originally walked in hip-hop and jazz stream. "She's rock but soulful as well," Keys said. "Together we're talking worldwide domination."
In front of the panel, John Mayer gave her assistance as well as Floetry's Marsha Ambrosius. Overall, she has described the whole process as incredible. "Being able to be so free with no expectations ... the results surpass whatever I could imagine," she said. "I am thankful and blessed at how this music is coming out."
Keys has premiered "The Thing About Love", one of the tracks she wrote with Perry in recent New Jersey Live Earth concert. Watch the footage below for a sneak peek of the new song.
More Alicia Keys News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show