Alicia Keys Presenting Different Edge in 3rd Set
Soulful singer Alicia Keys has turned to more rock and funk-driven vibe for her third studio album. Noting the mild transition, "As I Am" will be dropped October 23 via Key's long-time label J Records.
Keys who has been working with songwriter Linda Perry for this piece admitted that the process was somehow unusual due to their different background. Perry who comes from rock basis brings out the edge in Keys who originally walked in hip-hop and jazz stream. "She's rock but soulful as well," Keys said. "Together we're talking worldwide domination."
In front of the panel, John Mayer gave her assistance as well as Floetry's Marsha Ambrosius. Overall, she has described the whole process as incredible. "Being able to be so free with no expectations ... the results surpass whatever I could imagine," she said. "I am thankful and blessed at how this music is coming out."
Keys has premiered "The Thing About Love", one of the tracks she wrote with Perry in recent New Jersey Live Earth concert. Watch the footage below for a sneak peek of the new song.
More Alicia Keys News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character