Alicia Keys Presenting Different Edge in 3rd Set
Soulful singer Alicia Keys has turned to more rock and funk-driven vibe for her third studio album. Noting the mild transition, "As I Am" will be dropped October 23 via Key's long-time label J Records.
Keys who has been working with songwriter Linda Perry for this piece admitted that the process was somehow unusual due to their different background. Perry who comes from rock basis brings out the edge in Keys who originally walked in hip-hop and jazz stream. "She's rock but soulful as well," Keys said. "Together we're talking worldwide domination."
In front of the panel, John Mayer gave her assistance as well as Floetry's Marsha Ambrosius. Overall, she has described the whole process as incredible. "Being able to be so free with no expectations ... the results surpass whatever I could imagine," she said. "I am thankful and blessed at how this music is coming out."
Keys has premiered "The Thing About Love", one of the tracks she wrote with Perry in recent New Jersey Live Earth concert. Watch the footage below for a sneak peek of the new song.
More Alicia Keys News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia