Duo Becomes "Badge Buddies"
Showing up together at this year's Live Earth concert held in Wembley on Saturday afternoon July 7, comedians Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais have announced during an interview with Jonathan Ross there that they will both team up in a buddy cop comedy entitled "Badge Buddies."
While Rock described the project as "kind of Rush Hour meets Shakespeare In Love", Gervais eagerly informed that he will play a police officer whose partner is retired and for one reason, gets teamed with Rock's character, who turns out to be an ex gang member. Further details of the flick is unknown yet except that it is slated for a 2008 release.
Rock, deemed by Comedy Central the fifth greatest stand-up comedian of all time, gained his initial attention through popular sketch comedy series "Saturday Night Live" before making his way in film industry, starring in "Lethal Weapon 4", "Nurse Betty", and "The Longest Yard" among others.
As for Gervais, the native of Berkshire, Reading, England is best known for his work in BBC Two's hit program "The Office" which he co-wrote, co-directed, and starred in. Last seen on the big screen in "Night at the Museum", the funnyman next can be spotted playing Ferdy the Fence in Matthew Vaughn-directed fantasy adventure "Stardust", slated to open next month on date 10.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip