The "Wind" Blows Hard at Universal
Setting up a touching drama, Universal Pictures is about to develop a new film feature titled "Gone Like the Wind" based on the Buzz Bissinger article for the August issue of Vanity Fair of which rights it has successfully optioned.
Telling about the 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro that bolted out of the gate and almost immediately shattered one of its rear forelegs, the article concerns the attempts made by the horse's owners Gretchen and Roy Jackson, trainer Michael Matz, and veterinary surgeon Dean Richardson to come up with a humane way to stabilize the injury and keep the horse alive.
In turning the material to the big screen, Universal reportedly has appointed New York-born filmmaker Peter Berg to handle directing matters as well as to produce via his Film 44 shingle alongside Sarah Aubrey. Berg, who is also set to helm "The Kingdom" for the studio, is Bissinger's cousin and previously co-wrote plus directed 2004's "Friday Night Lights", a movie adaptation hit of the journalist's book of the same name.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection