The "Wind" Blows Hard at Universal
Setting up a touching drama, Universal Pictures is about to develop a new film feature titled "Gone Like the Wind" based on the Buzz Bissinger article for the August issue of Vanity Fair of which rights it has successfully optioned.
Telling about the 2006 Kentucky Derby winner Barbaro that bolted out of the gate and almost immediately shattered one of its rear forelegs, the article concerns the attempts made by the horse's owners Gretchen and Roy Jackson, trainer Michael Matz, and veterinary surgeon Dean Richardson to come up with a humane way to stabilize the injury and keep the horse alive.
In turning the material to the big screen, Universal reportedly has appointed New York-born filmmaker Peter Berg to handle directing matters as well as to produce via his Film 44 shingle alongside Sarah Aubrey. Berg, who is also set to helm "The Kingdom" for the studio, is Bissinger's cousin and previously co-wrote plus directed 2004's "Friday Night Lights", a movie adaptation hit of the journalist's book of the same name.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign