Miley Cyrus Prepping "Hannah Montana" Movie
Obviously aiming to place her feet deeper in the big screen industry, Miley Cyrus has opened up a great scoop to MTV News saying she is attempting to develop a movie version of "Hannah Montana", the Disney Channel's hit series which has catapulted her to vast popularity across the globe.
"Now we're figuring out ideas for the 'Hannah Montana' movie," the starlet told the site Sunday, July 8. "And yes, it's for the theaters, so hopefully I'll see you there."
"My dad is the producer, which I'm really excited about," she further informed. "He's never done anything like this before, but my dad is ready to take on new challenges."
Confirming the tidbit, Cyrus' father Billy Ray Cyrus delightfully was quite willing to reveal his thoughts on the project's script, pointing out that "There'll be a lot of similarities [to the show]" found in the planned flick.
"But I think we'll go a little further with the comedy," the man said. "And it's going to be on the big screen, so we'll try to make everything look bigger."
First aired on March 24, 2004, "Montana" centers on a teen named Miley Stewart, played by Cyrus, who undergoes a double life as an average girl at school during the day and a famous pop singer, Hannah Montana, at night, concealing her real identity from the public other than her close friends and family. The program has become one of the highest-rated kids' shows of all time, finishing second only to "American Idol" among 6- to 14-year-old audiences.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms