"Shrek the Third" Takes in $640 Million Worldwide
Succeeded in becoming the largest domestic debut ever for an animated film, "Shrek The Third" appears to be unstoppable indeed in drawing a huge pile of cash into its pocket since its theatrical release in May.
Remains strong despite the arrivals of several other blockbuster titles, the DreamWorks Animation production has smoothly managed to collect an estimated $35 million weekend take from 6,114 locations across 53 territories to raise its international gross to $324 million. Combining that with the current U.S. box office total of $316 million, its cumulative worldwide tally now superbly stands at $640 million for sure.
The fantastic income the flick has raked in can only mean that it has satisfyingly outdistanced that made by 2001's "Shrek" while being about $300 million away to pass the $920 million mark set by its predecessor "Shrek 2." Brought together, these three installments of the green ogre franchise have reached over $2 billion in global box office receipts to date, making it as a whole one of the most successful series in movie history.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie