"Shrek the Third" Takes in $640 Million Worldwide
Succeeded in becoming the largest domestic debut ever for an animated film, "Shrek The Third" appears to be unstoppable indeed in drawing a huge pile of cash into its pocket since its theatrical release in May.
Remains strong despite the arrivals of several other blockbuster titles, the DreamWorks Animation production has smoothly managed to collect an estimated $35 million weekend take from 6,114 locations across 53 territories to raise its international gross to $324 million. Combining that with the current U.S. box office total of $316 million, its cumulative worldwide tally now superbly stands at $640 million for sure.
The fantastic income the flick has raked in can only mean that it has satisfyingly outdistanced that made by 2001's "Shrek" while being about $300 million away to pass the $920 million mark set by its predecessor "Shrek 2." Brought together, these three installments of the green ogre franchise have reached over $2 billion in global box office receipts to date, making it as a whole one of the most successful series in movie history.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'