"Shrek the Third" Takes in $640 Million Worldwide
Succeeded in becoming the largest domestic debut ever for an animated film, "Shrek The Third" appears to be unstoppable indeed in drawing a huge pile of cash into its pocket since its theatrical release in May.
Remains strong despite the arrivals of several other blockbuster titles, the DreamWorks Animation production has smoothly managed to collect an estimated $35 million weekend take from 6,114 locations across 53 territories to raise its international gross to $324 million. Combining that with the current U.S. box office total of $316 million, its cumulative worldwide tally now superbly stands at $640 million for sure.
The fantastic income the flick has raked in can only mean that it has satisfyingly outdistanced that made by 2001's "Shrek" while being about $300 million away to pass the $920 million mark set by its predecessor "Shrek 2." Brought together, these three installments of the green ogre franchise have reached over $2 billion in global box office receipts to date, making it as a whole one of the most successful series in movie history.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones