"Shrek the Third" Takes in $640 Million Worldwide
Succeeded in becoming the largest domestic debut ever for an animated film, "Shrek The Third" appears to be unstoppable indeed in drawing a huge pile of cash into its pocket since its theatrical release in May.
Remains strong despite the arrivals of several other blockbuster titles, the DreamWorks Animation production has smoothly managed to collect an estimated $35 million weekend take from 6,114 locations across 53 territories to raise its international gross to $324 million. Combining that with the current U.S. box office total of $316 million, its cumulative worldwide tally now superbly stands at $640 million for sure.
The fantastic income the flick has raked in can only mean that it has satisfyingly outdistanced that made by 2001's "Shrek" while being about $300 million away to pass the $920 million mark set by its predecessor "Shrek 2." Brought together, these three installments of the green ogre franchise have reached over $2 billion in global box office receipts to date, making it as a whole one of the most successful series in movie history.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby