Foo Fighters, One Step Closer to Album Completion
Anticipation is not only coming from Foo Fighters' fans, new album tentatively titled "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" will also be the sound that frontman Dave Grohl has been dreaming of.
"It has always been my dream to mix Steely Dan with No Means No," Grohl told Billboard. "If anybody is going to do it, I'd love to be that guy."
This album is also special since materials are coming from unusual places. One track was inspired by two Tasmanian miners who requested Foo Fighters music to be played while they were trapped underground for two weeks. "I thought I'd write something for him," Grohl said on one of the men who attended their concert. "I came up with this little instrumental thing. After the show, we went and got f*ckin' wasted in the hotel bar and I was like, 'Dude, I promise I'm going to put this on the record.'"
On other tracks Grohl explained, "There's four-piece rock band sh*t, but then there are songs where the middle sections turn into this mass orchestrated swarm and ridiculous time signature."
"Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace" will be released on September 25 via RCA. The band will promote it in U.S. this September and October. They will then head to U.K. in November and to Australia the next month.
Track list of "Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace":
- "The Pretender"
- "Let It Die"
- "Erase Replace"
- "Long Road to Ruin"
- "Come Alive"
- "Stranger Things Have Happened"
- "Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is Running"
- "Summer's End"
- "The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners"
- "But Honestly"
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'