Minnie Driver Is the New Lara Croft in "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider"
Minnie Driver is the new Lara Croft. The English actress and singer-songwriter, who first came to broad public attention when she played the lead role in "Circle of Friends" (1995), has signed on as the voice of Lara Croft in an online animated series called "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider."
"ReVisioned: Tomb Raider" is GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10th at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap itself is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.
Lara Croft was initially played by Hollywood movie beauty Angelina Jolie in two "Tomb Raider" feature films. As of the online animated series, the first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" (2005) creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes, elsewhere, are being handled by the likes of Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage among others.
Driver's voice can also be heard in the English-language version of "Princess Mononoke" (1999), as Brooke Shields in "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", (1999) and in the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group