Minnie Driver Is the New Lara Croft in "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider"
Minnie Driver is the new Lara Croft. The English actress and singer-songwriter, who first came to broad public attention when she played the lead role in "Circle of Friends" (1995), has signed on as the voice of Lara Croft in an online animated series called "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider."
"ReVisioned: Tomb Raider" is GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10th at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap itself is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.
Lara Croft was initially played by Hollywood movie beauty Angelina Jolie in two "Tomb Raider" feature films. As of the online animated series, the first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" (2005) creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes, elsewhere, are being handled by the likes of Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage among others.
Driver's voice can also be heard in the English-language version of "Princess Mononoke" (1999), as Brooke Shields in "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", (1999) and in the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie."
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child