Minnie Driver Is the New Lara Croft in "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider"
Minnie Driver is the new Lara Croft. The English actress and singer-songwriter, who first came to broad public attention when she played the lead role in "Circle of Friends" (1995), has signed on as the voice of Lara Croft in an online animated series called "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider."
"ReVisioned: Tomb Raider" is GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10th at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap itself is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.
Lara Croft was initially played by Hollywood movie beauty Angelina Jolie in two "Tomb Raider" feature films. As of the online animated series, the first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" (2005) creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes, elsewhere, are being handled by the likes of Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage among others.
Driver's voice can also be heard in the English-language version of "Princess Mononoke" (1999), as Brooke Shields in "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", (1999) and in the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie."
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'