Minnie Driver Is the New Lara Croft in "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider"
Minnie Driver is the new Lara Croft. The English actress and singer-songwriter, who first came to broad public attention when she played the lead role in "Circle of Friends" (1995), has signed on as the voice of Lara Croft in an online animated series called "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider."
"ReVisioned: Tomb Raider" is GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10th at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap itself is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.
Lara Croft was initially played by Hollywood movie beauty Angelina Jolie in two "Tomb Raider" feature films. As of the online animated series, the first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" (2005) creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes, elsewhere, are being handled by the likes of Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage among others.
Driver's voice can also be heard in the English-language version of "Princess Mononoke" (1999), as Brooke Shields in "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", (1999) and in the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie."
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert