Minnie Driver Is the New Lara Croft in "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider"
Minnie Driver is the new Lara Croft. The English actress and singer-songwriter, who first came to broad public attention when she played the lead role in "Circle of Friends" (1995), has signed on as the voice of Lara Croft in an online animated series called "ReVisioned: Tomb Raider."
"ReVisioned: Tomb Raider" is GameTap's new 10-part animated series premiering July 10th at GameTap.com/TombRaider. GameTap itself is Turner Broadcasting's video-game-themed broadband network.
Lara Croft was initially played by Hollywood movie beauty Angelina Jolie in two "Tomb Raider" feature films. As of the online animated series, the first three-part adventure was written and directed by "Aeon Flux" (2005) creator Peter Chung. Subsequent episodes, elsewhere, are being handled by the likes of Warren Ellis, Gail Simone, Jim Lee and Christos Gage among others.
Driver's voice can also be heard in the English-language version of "Princess Mononoke" (1999), as Brooke Shields in "South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut", (1999) and in the upcoming "The Simpsons Movie."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame