Kool & the Gang Releasing New Album in 10 Years
With the latest studio album dated back in 1996, jazz and soul funk group Kool & the Gang is aiming to release their album in almost years. A record titled "Still Kool" will hit the stores next month via New Door Records.
Only a few details are revealed so far with two cover songs among the tracks. The band will have their rendition of Christopher Cross' "Sailing" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Happening Brother". A new song will be there too under the title "Dave". It was reported a song inspired by classic sci-fi movie "A Space Oddysey".
This would be the first time the band recorded without co-founder and lead guitarist Claydes "Charles" Smith who died in June 2006.
The band meanwhile, has continued to tour relentlessly. The next gig they will be in is July 6 in Camp Verde, AZ. The tour will stretch up to November 16 in Tucson, AZ.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding