Kool & the Gang Releasing New Album in 10 Years
With the latest studio album dated back in 1996, jazz and soul funk group Kool & the Gang is aiming to release their album in almost years. A record titled "Still Kool" will hit the stores next month via New Door Records.
Only a few details are revealed so far with two cover songs among the tracks. The band will have their rendition of Christopher Cross' "Sailing" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Happening Brother". A new song will be there too under the title "Dave". It was reported a song inspired by classic sci-fi movie "A Space Oddysey".
This would be the first time the band recorded without co-founder and lead guitarist Claydes "Charles" Smith who died in June 2006.
The band meanwhile, has continued to tour relentlessly. The next gig they will be in is July 6 in Camp Verde, AZ. The tour will stretch up to November 16 in Tucson, AZ.
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event