Kool & the Gang Releasing New Album in 10 Years
With the latest studio album dated back in 1996, jazz and soul funk group Kool & the Gang is aiming to release their album in almost years. A record titled "Still Kool" will hit the stores next month via New Door Records.
Only a few details are revealed so far with two cover songs among the tracks. The band will have their rendition of Christopher Cross' "Sailing" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Happening Brother". A new song will be there too under the title "Dave". It was reported a song inspired by classic sci-fi movie "A Space Oddysey".
This would be the first time the band recorded without co-founder and lead guitarist Claydes "Charles" Smith who died in June 2006.
The band meanwhile, has continued to tour relentlessly. The next gig they will be in is July 6 in Camp Verde, AZ. The tour will stretch up to November 16 in Tucson, AZ.
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher