Jim Carrey Escorts "Sober Buddies"
Compiling a handful of projects in his film resume, Jim Carrey has added one more flick into the list entitled "Sober Buddies" which he is set to both topline and produce for Universal Pictures.
Story revolves around a hard-partying software executive who is assigned a court-appointed Sober Buddy, played by Carrey, to keep him under control during a critical business trip to Las Vegas. All goes well until Carrey's character loses control and falls off the wagon.
Onboard to pen the script is Andrew Kurtzman with Scott Stuber, Mary Parent, and Michael Peyser all accompanying Carrey to produce. Kurtzman initially hatched the comedy as a pitch alongside Principal Entertainment's Danny Sherman and brought it to Carrey, who afterwards took it to Stuber. Stuber then set it at Universal under the duo's overall deal at the studio.
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed