Jim Carrey Escorts "Sober Buddies"
Compiling a handful of projects in his film resume, Jim Carrey has added one more flick into the list entitled "Sober Buddies" which he is set to both topline and produce for Universal Pictures.
Story revolves around a hard-partying software executive who is assigned a court-appointed Sober Buddy, played by Carrey, to keep him under control during a critical business trip to Las Vegas. All goes well until Carrey's character loses control and falls off the wagon.
Onboard to pen the script is Andrew Kurtzman with Scott Stuber, Mary Parent, and Michael Peyser all accompanying Carrey to produce. Kurtzman initially hatched the comedy as a pitch alongside Principal Entertainment's Danny Sherman and brought it to Carrey, who afterwards took it to Stuber. Stuber then set it at Universal under the duo's overall deal at the studio.
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two