Kevin Costner Forms "The Explorers Club"
Creating an unusual strategy in show business, Kevin Costner is reported to spark an animated series called "The Explorer Club" to then turn it into a live-action flick which he will topline.
The Oscar-winning actor is said to produce and finance as well as lend his voice to the series, which is slated to originate on the Internet during the holiday season in twelve four-minute segments. The plan is to gain a following first before moving on with the intention to bring it to the big screen.
A collection of gothic stories, the series is created, written and directed by Chris Baird, Jon Baird and Keith Quinn of Black Lamp Productions and centers on a group of Victorian-era adventurers who travel to the darkest corners of the map. It has been confirmed that the first episode will be titled "A Passage to Shambala."
Meanwhile, animation will be made by Chiodo Bros. Production with the Webisodes presenting a style reminiscent of graphic novels. Costner will produce alongside his partner in Treehouse Films Robin Jonas, in the meantime working on plan to reprise his role for the big screen format also eyeing to have his first crack on helming the picture.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7