Kevin Costner Forms "The Explorers Club"
Creating an unusual strategy in show business, Kevin Costner is reported to spark an animated series called "The Explorer Club" to then turn it into a live-action flick which he will topline.
The Oscar-winning actor is said to produce and finance as well as lend his voice to the series, which is slated to originate on the Internet during the holiday season in twelve four-minute segments. The plan is to gain a following first before moving on with the intention to bring it to the big screen.
A collection of gothic stories, the series is created, written and directed by Chris Baird, Jon Baird and Keith Quinn of Black Lamp Productions and centers on a group of Victorian-era adventurers who travel to the darkest corners of the map. It has been confirmed that the first episode will be titled "A Passage to Shambala."
Meanwhile, animation will be made by Chiodo Bros. Production with the Webisodes presenting a style reminiscent of graphic novels. Costner will produce alongside his partner in Treehouse Films Robin Jonas, in the meantime working on plan to reprise his role for the big screen format also eyeing to have his first crack on helming the picture.
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say