Kevin Costner Forms "The Explorers Club"
Creating an unusual strategy in show business, Kevin Costner is reported to spark an animated series called "The Explorer Club" to then turn it into a live-action flick which he will topline.
The Oscar-winning actor is said to produce and finance as well as lend his voice to the series, which is slated to originate on the Internet during the holiday season in twelve four-minute segments. The plan is to gain a following first before moving on with the intention to bring it to the big screen.
A collection of gothic stories, the series is created, written and directed by Chris Baird, Jon Baird and Keith Quinn of Black Lamp Productions and centers on a group of Victorian-era adventurers who travel to the darkest corners of the map. It has been confirmed that the first episode will be titled "A Passage to Shambala."
Meanwhile, animation will be made by Chiodo Bros. Production with the Webisodes presenting a style reminiscent of graphic novels. Costner will produce alongside his partner in Treehouse Films Robin Jonas, in the meantime working on plan to reprise his role for the big screen format also eyeing to have his first crack on helming the picture.
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video