Kevin Costner Forms "The Explorers Club"
Creating an unusual strategy in show business, Kevin Costner is reported to spark an animated series called "The Explorer Club" to then turn it into a live-action flick which he will topline.
The Oscar-winning actor is said to produce and finance as well as lend his voice to the series, which is slated to originate on the Internet during the holiday season in twelve four-minute segments. The plan is to gain a following first before moving on with the intention to bring it to the big screen.
A collection of gothic stories, the series is created, written and directed by Chris Baird, Jon Baird and Keith Quinn of Black Lamp Productions and centers on a group of Victorian-era adventurers who travel to the darkest corners of the map. It has been confirmed that the first episode will be titled "A Passage to Shambala."
Meanwhile, animation will be made by Chiodo Bros. Production with the Webisodes presenting a style reminiscent of graphic novels. Costner will produce alongside his partner in Treehouse Films Robin Jonas, in the meantime working on plan to reprise his role for the big screen format also eyeing to have his first crack on helming the picture.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'