Marc Forster Sets Sail for "Land of Roses"
In his glory of securing coveted directing slot in "Bond 22", Marc Forster appears to have another stint to do in his future schedule. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that the Swiss filmmaker is reuniting with Mandate Pictures to executive produce the studio's drama feature "Land of the Roses" which he will possibly direct.
Inspired by the real-life account of Kurdish immigrant Ibrahim Parlak in post-9/11 tragedy, pic follows a suburban mother as she attempts to exonerate a hardworking Middle Eastern father falsely imprisoned as a terrorist by Homeland Security with the support of her fellow outraged townspeople.
Names onboard to star still remain a big question for now, but it is learned that Albert Torres has been tapped to work on the screenplay with Mandate's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane serving in some producer capacity.
"When you have a good experience working with someone, you always look for the next project to collaborate on; 'Land of Roses' was that project for us," Kahane remarked. "Albert writes with a distinctive voice, and to couple that talent with Marc's vision as a filmmaker is a rare opportunity we didn't want to miss."
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris