Marc Forster Sets Sail for "Land of Roses"
In his glory of securing coveted directing slot in "Bond 22", Marc Forster appears to have another stint to do in his future schedule. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that the Swiss filmmaker is reuniting with Mandate Pictures to executive produce the studio's drama feature "Land of the Roses" which he will possibly direct.
Inspired by the real-life account of Kurdish immigrant Ibrahim Parlak in post-9/11 tragedy, pic follows a suburban mother as she attempts to exonerate a hardworking Middle Eastern father falsely imprisoned as a terrorist by Homeland Security with the support of her fellow outraged townspeople.
Names onboard to star still remain a big question for now, but it is learned that Albert Torres has been tapped to work on the screenplay with Mandate's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane serving in some producer capacity.
"When you have a good experience working with someone, you always look for the next project to collaborate on; 'Land of Roses' was that project for us," Kahane remarked. "Albert writes with a distinctive voice, and to couple that talent with Marc's vision as a filmmaker is a rare opportunity we didn't want to miss."
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant