Marc Forster Sets Sail for "Land of Roses"
In his glory of securing coveted directing slot in "Bond 22", Marc Forster appears to have another stint to do in his future schedule. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that the Swiss filmmaker is reuniting with Mandate Pictures to executive produce the studio's drama feature "Land of the Roses" which he will possibly direct.
Inspired by the real-life account of Kurdish immigrant Ibrahim Parlak in post-9/11 tragedy, pic follows a suburban mother as she attempts to exonerate a hardworking Middle Eastern father falsely imprisoned as a terrorist by Homeland Security with the support of her fellow outraged townspeople.
Names onboard to star still remain a big question for now, but it is learned that Albert Torres has been tapped to work on the screenplay with Mandate's Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane serving in some producer capacity.
"When you have a good experience working with someone, you always look for the next project to collaborate on; 'Land of Roses' was that project for us," Kahane remarked. "Albert writes with a distinctive voice, and to couple that talent with Marc's vision as a filmmaker is a rare opportunity we didn't want to miss."
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation