"Phoenix" Conjured Spellbinding Tokyo Premiere
Cheers and screams were heard at Tokyo's Roppongi Hills Thursday, June 28 as hundreds of Japanese teens from all over Japan went into a frenzy upon the arrival of star Daniel Radcliffe at the city's premiere of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
Dressed in a white summer suit and a pale blue shirt, the young actor, who is turning eighteen this month, smoothly walked his way down the red carpet to an outdoor stage at the complex, stopping to shake hands and sign autographs before surprisingly greeted the fans in Japanese language.
"Nihon no minasan, Konnichiwa! (Hello, people of Japan!)," so he told the crowd as he joined producer David Heyman onstage. "Boku wa Daniel Radcliffe desu (I am Daniel Radcliffe). Nihon wa saiko (Japan is the best)!"
"It's incredible," he continued in English. "It's wonderful to come over here and to say hello. I hope people will be impressed by the new characters, the new performances, and the big battle."
The fifth installment of the "Harry Potter" franchise based on author J.K. Rowling's hit series of books, "Phoenix" will be launched in cinemas around the world starting on July 11 and will go on general release in Japan on July 20. Japanese ticket winners were the first general viewers in the world to see the picture though Warner Brothers said the gala world premiere would be held in London on July 3.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl