"Phoenix" Conjured Spellbinding Tokyo Premiere
Cheers and screams were heard at Tokyo's Roppongi Hills Thursday, June 28 as hundreds of Japanese teens from all over Japan went into a frenzy upon the arrival of star Daniel Radcliffe at the city's premiere of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."
Dressed in a white summer suit and a pale blue shirt, the young actor, who is turning eighteen this month, smoothly walked his way down the red carpet to an outdoor stage at the complex, stopping to shake hands and sign autographs before surprisingly greeted the fans in Japanese language.
"Nihon no minasan, Konnichiwa! (Hello, people of Japan!)," so he told the crowd as he joined producer David Heyman onstage. "Boku wa Daniel Radcliffe desu (I am Daniel Radcliffe). Nihon wa saiko (Japan is the best)!"
"It's incredible," he continued in English. "It's wonderful to come over here and to say hello. I hope people will be impressed by the new characters, the new performances, and the big battle."
The fifth installment of the "Harry Potter" franchise based on author J.K. Rowling's hit series of books, "Phoenix" will be launched in cinemas around the world starting on July 11 and will go on general release in Japan on July 20. Japanese ticket winners were the first general viewers in the world to see the picture though Warner Brothers said the gala world premiere would be held in London on July 3.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?