"John" Invites Jamie Linden In
Bringing its upcoming project of "Dear John" to deeper level of development, New Line Cinema has picked up "We Are Marshall" scribe Jamie Linden to be in charge of writing matters for the romantic drama.
Adapted from Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel of the same name, the picture concerns a soldier home on leave who falls for a college girl, but opts to re-enlist after 9/11 tragedy instead of returning home to her. His decision later leads to a realization that time and distance have taken a toll on their commitment to each other.
Attached to topline is "Step Up" star Channing Tatum with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey both producing through their studio-based Temple Hill Entertainment shingle. The latter two recently carried out the same duty on "The Nativity Story", also for New Line, and are currently bound to produce the company's other big screen project "Paper Wings."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding