"John" Invites Jamie Linden In
Bringing its upcoming project of "Dear John" to deeper level of development, New Line Cinema has picked up "We Are Marshall" scribe Jamie Linden to be in charge of writing matters for the romantic drama.
Adapted from Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel of the same name, the picture concerns a soldier home on leave who falls for a college girl, but opts to re-enlist after 9/11 tragedy instead of returning home to her. His decision later leads to a realization that time and distance have taken a toll on their commitment to each other.
Attached to topline is "Step Up" star Channing Tatum with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey both producing through their studio-based Temple Hill Entertainment shingle. The latter two recently carried out the same duty on "The Nativity Story", also for New Line, and are currently bound to produce the company's other big screen project "Paper Wings."
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M