"John" Invites Jamie Linden In
Bringing its upcoming project of "Dear John" to deeper level of development, New Line Cinema has picked up "We Are Marshall" scribe Jamie Linden to be in charge of writing matters for the romantic drama.
Adapted from Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel of the same name, the picture concerns a soldier home on leave who falls for a college girl, but opts to re-enlist after 9/11 tragedy instead of returning home to her. His decision later leads to a realization that time and distance have taken a toll on their commitment to each other.
Attached to topline is "Step Up" star Channing Tatum with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey both producing through their studio-based Temple Hill Entertainment shingle. The latter two recently carried out the same duty on "The Nativity Story", also for New Line, and are currently bound to produce the company's other big screen project "Paper Wings."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March