"John" Invites Jamie Linden In
Bringing its upcoming project of "Dear John" to deeper level of development, New Line Cinema has picked up "We Are Marshall" scribe Jamie Linden to be in charge of writing matters for the romantic drama.
Adapted from Nicholas Sparks' best-selling novel of the same name, the picture concerns a soldier home on leave who falls for a college girl, but opts to re-enlist after 9/11 tragedy instead of returning home to her. His decision later leads to a realization that time and distance have taken a toll on their commitment to each other.
Attached to topline is "Step Up" star Channing Tatum with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey both producing through their studio-based Temple Hill Entertainment shingle. The latter two recently carried out the same duty on "The Nativity Story", also for New Line, and are currently bound to produce the company's other big screen project "Paper Wings."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia