Rapper Eve Pleaded No Contest to DUI Charges
Eve pleaded guilty to drunk driving. The rapper was pleaded no contest Thursday June 28th to driving under the influence (DUI) stemmed from an April incident during which she crashed her car in Hollywood.
Eve's lawyer Blair Berk entered the plea in Los Angeles County Superior Court and was pleaded no contest to the charges on behalf of the star.
As part of the deal, the prosecutor dropped two other misdemeanor charges of driving impaired and driving without proof of insurance. Under the plea, Eve is ordered to wear an alcohol-detecting ankle bracelet for 45 days and attend a series of classes for first-time drunken-driving offenders. She, additionally, also is fined $1,400 and placed on three years informal probation.
Eve was arrested on April 26 after her gold Maserati struck a center median on Hollywood Boulevard. She faced a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.
More Eve News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!