Eric Clapton's "Layla" Voted Worst Cover
Eric Clapton's unmistakable guitar rendition of "Layla" has been voted as the worst cover song. "Layla" that was originally sung by Derek and the Dominos has topped the poll gathered by RetroCrush.com.
The website has commented upon the result, "It's the equivalent of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page doing a kazoo version of Stairway To Heaven."
Meanwhile editor Robert Berry added, "When I think of Layla... I think of a song to steal George Harrison's wife with. This version just reminds me of riding a unicorn across the rainbow bridge. And every d--- with an acoustic guitar and a camcorder has to put their take of the unplugged version of YouTube now as a result!"
Top 10 Songs with Worst Cover according to RetroCrush.com:
- "Layla" (Unplugged) - Eric Clapton. Originally performed by Derek and the Dominos
- "Every Breath You Take" - P. Diddy. Originally performed by The Police
- "Stairway To Heaven" - Dolly Parton. Originally performed by Led Zeppelin
- "Behind Blue Eyes" - Limp Bizkit. Originally performed by The Who
- "American Pie" - Madonna. Originally performed by Don McLean
- "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - ODB & Macy Gray. Originally performed by Elton John & Kiki Dee
- "Ring of Fire" - Olivia Newton-John. Originally performed by Johnny Cash
- "The Greatest Love of All" - Kevin Rowland. Originally performed by Whitney Houston
- "Downtown Train" - Rod Stewart. Originally performed by Tom Waits
- "Piece Of My Heart" - Faith Hill. Originally performed by Erma Franklin
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'