John Krasinski to Be "Fletch"?
The rumor mill keeps grinding on who will come up as the acting lead in "Fletch Won" despite previous talks saying "Dawson's Creek" star Joshua Jackson is up for the role, and the other name mentioned turns out to be John Krasinski, widely known for his role of Jim Halpert on NBC's sitcom "The Office."
Sure words on this matter do not come out without reason as Krasinski himself recently showed a positive response to MTV on his possibility to fill in the part.
"My name was tossed around a little bit for the role, and it's something that [I might consider]," he said. "[Negotiating something like this] is a give or take kind of thing. I read the script, and it is hilarious. It's just one of those things that is so terrifying, to step up and be in a role that was done so perfectly."
Intended to be the third motion picture to feature the titular wisecracking reporter after "Fletch" (1985) and "Fletch Lives" (1989), "Fletch Won" was first announced to be made in 2000 under the direction of Kevin Smith with Jason Lee to topline, but filming on the project kept being delayed until the former one's departure in 2005. "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence was then hired to both write and helm for Zach Braff to star yet this formation did not work either as Braff finally dropped talks for the role to make "Open Hearts" instead.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip