John Krasinski to Be "Fletch"?
The rumor mill keeps grinding on who will come up as the acting lead in "Fletch Won" despite previous talks saying "Dawson's Creek" star Joshua Jackson is up for the role, and the other name mentioned turns out to be John Krasinski, widely known for his role of Jim Halpert on NBC's sitcom "The Office."
Sure words on this matter do not come out without reason as Krasinski himself recently showed a positive response to MTV on his possibility to fill in the part.
"My name was tossed around a little bit for the role, and it's something that [I might consider]," he said. "[Negotiating something like this] is a give or take kind of thing. I read the script, and it is hilarious. It's just one of those things that is so terrifying, to step up and be in a role that was done so perfectly."
Intended to be the third motion picture to feature the titular wisecracking reporter after "Fletch" (1985) and "Fletch Lives" (1989), "Fletch Won" was first announced to be made in 2000 under the direction of Kevin Smith with Jason Lee to topline, but filming on the project kept being delayed until the former one's departure in 2005. "Scrubs" creator Bill Lawrence was then hired to both write and helm for Zach Braff to star yet this formation did not work either as Braff finally dropped talks for the role to make "Open Hearts" instead.
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto