Kurt Cobain Made Into Toy Dolls, Lunch Boxes, and Key Chains
Courtney Love changes her mind concerning her late husband Kurt Cobain's license. Initially slammed shoe manufacturer Dr. Martens for using an image of Cobain to sell its boots in England, the troubled rocker surprisingly allowed the National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) to print his pictures on their products.
Besides being made into toy dolls, Cobain's likeness also featured on a new line of lunch boxes and a key chain. No other details being released on the products.
Love made headlines last month when she slammed Dr. Martens for using Cobain's image in an advertisement showing the late Nirvana frontman wearing black Dr Martens boots, draped in an angelic robe and sitting on a cloud, branded it as "despicable".
"Courtney had no idea this was taking place and would never have approved it. She thinks it's outrageous that a company is allowed to commercially gain from such a despicable use of her husband's picture," her representative said at that time.
Responded to the complaint, the shoe company then quickly issued an apology while had the ads featuring Cobain being axed.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support