Kurt Cobain Made Into Toy Dolls, Lunch Boxes, and Key Chains
Courtney Love changes her mind concerning her late husband Kurt Cobain's license. Initially slammed shoe manufacturer Dr. Martens for using an image of Cobain to sell its boots in England, the troubled rocker surprisingly allowed the National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA) to print his pictures on their products.
Besides being made into toy dolls, Cobain's likeness also featured on a new line of lunch boxes and a key chain. No other details being released on the products.
Love made headlines last month when she slammed Dr. Martens for using Cobain's image in an advertisement showing the late Nirvana frontman wearing black Dr Martens boots, draped in an angelic robe and sitting on a cloud, branded it as "despicable".
"Courtney had no idea this was taking place and would never have approved it. She thinks it's outrageous that a company is allowed to commercially gain from such a despicable use of her husband's picture," her representative said at that time.
Responded to the complaint, the shoe company then quickly issued an apology while had the ads featuring Cobain being axed.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics