Five Ready to "RocknRolla"
Going pretty fast in recruiting talents for the flick's cast, filmmakers of "RocknRolla" have delightfully submitted well-known names of Gerard Butler, Idris Elba, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton, and rapper Ludacris as the early lineup of the list.
A caper movie, the project is set in motion when a Russian mobster orchestrates a crooked land deal and millions of dollars are thrown up for grabs, with all of London's criminal underworld players wanting in on the action. Butler is said to play One Two, a street-smart mobster who has learned to play both sides of the fence while Elba will be his partner Mumbles.
As for Wilkinson, the actor will portray the lethal head mobster, Lenny Cole, part of London's old mob regime, which is quickly losing ground to the wealthier foreign mob. Newton, in the meantime, is billed as Stella, an accountant having ties to the underworld who becomes One Two's love interest, with Ludacris playing Roman, an American trying to break into the music scene in London.
Production on the film has been running since June 19 on location in London, England under the direction of Guy Ritchie who is helming based on his own script. The British filmmaker is also producing alongside Joel Silver of Dark Castle Entertainment, Susan Downey, and Steve Clark-Hall for Warner Bros. Pictures to handle the pic's distribution matters.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'