No Fugees, Lauryn Hill Has Greater Chance Releasing Album
With their latest visible act taking place in February 2006, The Fugees' future may come to a dead end. Lauryn Hill's label said that her solo album is more possible than the group's reunion.
A rep of Hill said that she has made a return to the studio and has more than enough materials to be made an album. She however, prefers to be quite about it and looking forward to record the songs while looking for collaborators.
Hill, whose latest effort was more that a decade ago, has switched to a new management earlier this year and released the song "Lose Myself". The song, however, will not be the first single of any of her album since it appeared on the soundtrack of animated flick "Surf's Up".
Uncertainty is still circling on when the highly anticipated solo album is going to be released. Hill meanwhile, prevents her fans from going hungry by appearing in several shows this summer. She will have four gigs in the U.S., including a free concert August 6 in Brooklyn, New York.
Earlier this month fellow member Pras Michel hinted that the chance of The Fugees' reunion is very slim. "You know, unfortunately, Miss Hill, she's got some things she needs to deal with. I wish her the best, but life goes on," Michel told SOHH.com. The other member Wyclef Jean has better vision on what to do with his music career. He will release his seventh solo album "The Carnival 2: Memoirs of an Immigrant" this September.
- Katt Williams Arrested for Allegedly Assaulting a Woman
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram