No Fugees, Lauryn Hill Has Greater Chance Releasing Album
With their latest visible act taking place in February 2006, The Fugees' future may come to a dead end. Lauryn Hill's label said that her solo album is more possible than the group's reunion.
A rep of Hill said that she has made a return to the studio and has more than enough materials to be made an album. She however, prefers to be quite about it and looking forward to record the songs while looking for collaborators.
Hill, whose latest effort was more that a decade ago, has switched to a new management earlier this year and released the song "Lose Myself". The song, however, will not be the first single of any of her album since it appeared on the soundtrack of animated flick "Surf's Up".
Uncertainty is still circling on when the highly anticipated solo album is going to be released. Hill meanwhile, prevents her fans from going hungry by appearing in several shows this summer. She will have four gigs in the U.S., including a free concert August 6 in Brooklyn, New York.
Earlier this month fellow member Pras Michel hinted that the chance of The Fugees' reunion is very slim. "You know, unfortunately, Miss Hill, she's got some things she needs to deal with. I wish her the best, but life goes on," Michel told SOHH.com. The other member Wyclef Jean has better vision on what to do with his music career. He will release his seventh solo album "The Carnival 2: Memoirs of an Immigrant" this September.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival