No Fugees, Lauryn Hill Has Greater Chance Releasing Album
With their latest visible act taking place in February 2006, The Fugees' future may come to a dead end. Lauryn Hill's label said that her solo album is more possible than the group's reunion.
A rep of Hill said that she has made a return to the studio and has more than enough materials to be made an album. She however, prefers to be quite about it and looking forward to record the songs while looking for collaborators.
Hill, whose latest effort was more that a decade ago, has switched to a new management earlier this year and released the song "Lose Myself". The song, however, will not be the first single of any of her album since it appeared on the soundtrack of animated flick "Surf's Up".
Uncertainty is still circling on when the highly anticipated solo album is going to be released. Hill meanwhile, prevents her fans from going hungry by appearing in several shows this summer. She will have four gigs in the U.S., including a free concert August 6 in Brooklyn, New York.
Earlier this month fellow member Pras Michel hinted that the chance of The Fugees' reunion is very slim. "You know, unfortunately, Miss Hill, she's got some things she needs to deal with. I wish her the best, but life goes on," Michel told SOHH.com. The other member Wyclef Jean has better vision on what to do with his music career. He will release his seventh solo album "The Carnival 2: Memoirs of an Immigrant" this September.
More Lauryn Hill News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media