Hanson Rewarding Fans with Song Through Contest
In mid marketing competition against other bands, Hanson set up a unique method to promote their latest album "The Walk". The Oklahoma based band wants fans to help them "spread the word" by attaching promotional banner on personal websites.
This marketing method is part of the competition where a song specially written for the winner will be the Grand Prize. Basically those registered to Hanson.com will receive a selection of banners that can be attached to personal sites like MySpace, blogs or live journal. Contestants are free to design the page and those whose designs receive lots of "clicks" will stand greater chance to win.
According to the official website, the Grand Prize winner will be chosen at random from the final pool of entries. Second place winners will earn concert tickets for two and a meet and greet slot for The Walk Tour. Meanwhile, the third place winners will be rewarded with iPod shuffle containing "The Walk".
Giving his statement drummer Zac said, "We are all music fans first so we know that inviting people to get a hold of the record early can only excite and motivate. If we are doing something we think is unique, it is only natural to encourage our fans to help spread the word."
Older brother Ike added, "Being independent makes it possible to build a stronger relationship with our fans. Doing the pre-sale is simply about giving our fans more."
"The Walk" will be dropped July 24 via their own label Three Car Garage.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child