Hanson Rewarding Fans with Song Through Contest
In mid marketing competition against other bands, Hanson set up a unique method to promote their latest album "The Walk". The Oklahoma based band wants fans to help them "spread the word" by attaching promotional banner on personal websites.
This marketing method is part of the competition where a song specially written for the winner will be the Grand Prize. Basically those registered to Hanson.com will receive a selection of banners that can be attached to personal sites like MySpace, blogs or live journal. Contestants are free to design the page and those whose designs receive lots of "clicks" will stand greater chance to win.
According to the official website, the Grand Prize winner will be chosen at random from the final pool of entries. Second place winners will earn concert tickets for two and a meet and greet slot for The Walk Tour. Meanwhile, the third place winners will be rewarded with iPod shuffle containing "The Walk".
Giving his statement drummer Zac said, "We are all music fans first so we know that inviting people to get a hold of the record early can only excite and motivate. If we are doing something we think is unique, it is only natural to encourage our fans to help spread the word."
Older brother Ike added, "Being independent makes it possible to build a stronger relationship with our fans. Doing the pre-sale is simply about giving our fans more."
"The Walk" will be dropped July 24 via their own label Three Car Garage.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie