Hanson Rewarding Fans with Song Through Contest
In mid marketing competition against other bands, Hanson set up a unique method to promote their latest album "The Walk". The Oklahoma based band wants fans to help them "spread the word" by attaching promotional banner on personal websites.
This marketing method is part of the competition where a song specially written for the winner will be the Grand Prize. Basically those registered to Hanson.com will receive a selection of banners that can be attached to personal sites like MySpace, blogs or live journal. Contestants are free to design the page and those whose designs receive lots of "clicks" will stand greater chance to win.
According to the official website, the Grand Prize winner will be chosen at random from the final pool of entries. Second place winners will earn concert tickets for two and a meet and greet slot for The Walk Tour. Meanwhile, the third place winners will be rewarded with iPod shuffle containing "The Walk".
Giving his statement drummer Zac said, "We are all music fans first so we know that inviting people to get a hold of the record early can only excite and motivate. If we are doing something we think is unique, it is only natural to encourage our fans to help spread the word."
Older brother Ike added, "Being independent makes it possible to build a stronger relationship with our fans. Doing the pre-sale is simply about giving our fans more."
"The Walk" will be dropped July 24 via their own label Three Car Garage.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked