Stars Holding Dream Concert for "The King"
A number of stars such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Carlos Santana will appear for a charity show in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. They will raise money to aid the building of the late politician's memorials.
Other performers also playing their part in the event dubbed Dream Concert are Robin Thicke, Bebe and Cece Winans and Jessye Norman. For the host slot, "Today" show weatherman Al Roker will be joined by Ben Affleck, Shaquille O'Neal and LaDainian Tomlinson. The masterminds behind this event are actually Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.' memorials will be erected on the National Mall in the space between Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. There will be the statuette of the political leader and 14 of his famous quotes.
The charity concert will be conducted September 18 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movement has raised $79.5 million of the $100 million needed to complete and maintain the memorial.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party