Stars Holding Dream Concert for "The King"
A number of stars such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Carlos Santana will appear for a charity show in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. They will raise money to aid the building of the late politician's memorials.
Other performers also playing their part in the event dubbed Dream Concert are Robin Thicke, Bebe and Cece Winans and Jessye Norman. For the host slot, "Today" show weatherman Al Roker will be joined by Ben Affleck, Shaquille O'Neal and LaDainian Tomlinson. The masterminds behind this event are actually Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.' memorials will be erected on the National Mall in the space between Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. There will be the statuette of the political leader and 14 of his famous quotes.
The charity concert will be conducted September 18 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movement has raised $79.5 million of the $100 million needed to complete and maintain the memorial.
More Stevie Wonder News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding