Stars Holding Dream Concert for "The King"
A number of stars such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Carlos Santana will appear for a charity show in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. They will raise money to aid the building of the late politician's memorials.
Other performers also playing their part in the event dubbed Dream Concert are Robin Thicke, Bebe and Cece Winans and Jessye Norman. For the host slot, "Today" show weatherman Al Roker will be joined by Ben Affleck, Shaquille O'Neal and LaDainian Tomlinson. The masterminds behind this event are actually Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.' memorials will be erected on the National Mall in the space between Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. There will be the statuette of the political leader and 14 of his famous quotes.
The charity concert will be conducted September 18 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movement has raised $79.5 million of the $100 million needed to complete and maintain the memorial.
More Stevie Wonder News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!