Stars Holding Dream Concert for "The King"
A number of stars such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Carlos Santana will appear for a charity show in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. They will raise money to aid the building of the late politician's memorials.
Other performers also playing their part in the event dubbed Dream Concert are Robin Thicke, Bebe and Cece Winans and Jessye Norman. For the host slot, "Today" show weatherman Al Roker will be joined by Ben Affleck, Shaquille O'Neal and LaDainian Tomlinson. The masterminds behind this event are actually Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.' memorials will be erected on the National Mall in the space between Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. There will be the statuette of the political leader and 14 of his famous quotes.
The charity concert will be conducted September 18 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movement has raised $79.5 million of the $100 million needed to complete and maintain the memorial.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'