Stars Holding Dream Concert for "The King"
A number of stars such as Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, and Carlos Santana will appear for a charity show in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. They will raise money to aid the building of the late politician's memorials.
Other performers also playing their part in the event dubbed Dream Concert are Robin Thicke, Bebe and Cece Winans and Jessye Norman. For the host slot, "Today" show weatherman Al Roker will be joined by Ben Affleck, Shaquille O'Neal and LaDainian Tomlinson. The masterminds behind this event are actually Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons and Tommy Hilfiger.
Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.' memorials will be erected on the National Mall in the space between Lincoln and Jefferson memorials. There will be the statuette of the political leader and 14 of his famous quotes.
The charity concert will be conducted September 18 at New York's Radio City Music Hall. The movement has raised $79.5 million of the $100 million needed to complete and maintain the memorial.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'