Amy Adams to Express Her "Doubt"
Eager to have one more Oscar-recognized talent in the lineup, filmmakers of "Doubt" are reportedly holding negotiations with Academy Award nominee Amy Adams to have the beauty joined the flick's cast, which has already included Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Adapted from the John Patrick Shanley Pulitzer Prize-winning play, the drama concerns a Bronx Catholic school principal who confronts a popular priest upon suspecting him sexually harassing a black student. If deals are reached, Adams will likely play the pivotal role of a young nun caught in the tense confrontation between the two, portrayed by Streep and Hoffman.
Shooting tentatively is scheduled to begin this December under the direction of Shanley himself who will helm from his own script. Taking care producing matters is prominent producer Scott Rudin with Sean Cooney serving as post-production executive for Miramax Films.
More Doubt News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media