Amy Adams to Express Her "Doubt"
Eager to have one more Oscar-recognized talent in the lineup, filmmakers of "Doubt" are reportedly holding negotiations with Academy Award nominee Amy Adams to have the beauty joined the flick's cast, which has already included Oscar winners Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Adapted from the John Patrick Shanley Pulitzer Prize-winning play, the drama concerns a Bronx Catholic school principal who confronts a popular priest upon suspecting him sexually harassing a black student. If deals are reached, Adams will likely play the pivotal role of a young nun caught in the tense confrontation between the two, portrayed by Streep and Hoffman.
Shooting tentatively is scheduled to begin this December under the direction of Shanley himself who will helm from his own script. Taking care producing matters is prominent producer Scott Rudin with Sean Cooney serving as post-production executive for Miramax Films.
More Doubt News
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'