Isaiah Washington Threatening Legal Action Against the Producers of "Grey's Anatomy"
He's still mad and upset about being fired from the hit TV series "Grey's Anatomy". Isaiah Washington has, in an interview with the Houston Chronicle on Wednesday June 20th, opened up about the unfortunate while revealed further that he's threatening to take legal action against the show's producers.
"They fired the wrong guy. I have to clear my name. I'll start from the beginning. I'm telling everything. So here's the truth," the actor tells the newspaper. On his defense, Isaiah pointed T. R. Knight to have exploited the controversy in order to get a salary increase and to enhance his role.
Knight told talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres in January that Isaiah used the slur against him and that "everyone (on the set) heard" him do so. Isaiah, in fact, insisted the claim as "a lie", telling the newspaper he used the word during a disagreement with co-star Patrick Dempsey, for which he had already apologized and they "shook hands and went back to work" after that.
"My livelihood, my honor and dignity and my name have been so challenged," Isaiah goes on saying. "I was not fired for making homophobic slurs. I did everything I said I would do. I offered to go to counseling, to do a public service announcement. I wanted everyone to know I was remorseful. I did everything they told me to do, including not saying anything, and then they didn't renew my contract. That's not fair."
All in all, Isaiah is threatening to take legal action against the show's producers. Just wait and see what the future brings.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage