Renee Zellweger Named the 2007 Crystal Award Recipient
Recognized to be an accomplished actress who simultaneously supports the work of other women, Renee Zellweger was honored this year's Crystal Award for excellence in film by Woman In Film organization last Thursday, June 14, 2007.
The prize was presented to the Oscar-winning star at the 2007 Crystal+Lucy Awards gala dinner held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, Beverly Hills, California. Along with the beauty, a handful of female figures also took home the event's trophies, including fellow actress Emily Blunt who was handed The MaxMara "Face of the Future" Award and "Grey's Anatomy" creator Shonda Rhimes as the recipient of the Lucy Award for excellence in television.
"I didn't expect this to be such an emotional experience, " an emotional Zellweger told the Beverly Hilton Hotel audience upon receiving the award from movie mogul Harvey Weinstein. "Now my fake eyelashes are going to fall off."
Zellweger, a native of Baytown, Texas, came into prominence when she played the romantic interest of the title character in Cameron Crowe's 1996 effort "Jerry Maguire." She landed an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2004 through her role in 2003's "Cold Mountain", which also won her a Golden Globe Award and SAG Award in the same year.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern