Peter Medak Gets "Addicted"
Marching back to the big screen after his last feature directorial stint in the 1998 "Species II", Peter Medak has given his agreement to take helming matters on erotic thriller "Addicted" for Lionsgate, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on a novel by Zane, the pen name of author Kristina Laferne Roberts, whose sex-themed tomes have developed a cult following, the project presents the story of Zoe, a successful black art dealer who risks her marriage and family when she engages in a series of affairs due to her overpowering addiction to sex.
Shooting is scheduled to begin this fall in Atlanta with Medak directing from script written by Christina Welsh. Meanwhile Zane will serve as the flick's producer alongside Susanne de Passe, known more as TV producer whose works include "Lonesome Dove", "Dead's Man Walk", "Sister, Sister", and "Smart Guy."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences