Peter Medak Gets "Addicted"
Marching back to the big screen after his last feature directorial stint in the 1998 "Species II", Peter Medak has given his agreement to take helming matters on erotic thriller "Addicted" for Lionsgate, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on a novel by Zane, the pen name of author Kristina Laferne Roberts, whose sex-themed tomes have developed a cult following, the project presents the story of Zoe, a successful black art dealer who risks her marriage and family when she engages in a series of affairs due to her overpowering addiction to sex.
Shooting is scheduled to begin this fall in Atlanta with Medak directing from script written by Christina Welsh. Meanwhile Zane will serve as the flick's producer alongside Susanne de Passe, known more as TV producer whose works include "Lonesome Dove", "Dead's Man Walk", "Sister, Sister", and "Smart Guy."
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date