Peter Medak Gets "Addicted"
Marching back to the big screen after his last feature directorial stint in the 1998 "Species II", Peter Medak has given his agreement to take helming matters on erotic thriller "Addicted" for Lionsgate, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on a novel by Zane, the pen name of author Kristina Laferne Roberts, whose sex-themed tomes have developed a cult following, the project presents the story of Zoe, a successful black art dealer who risks her marriage and family when she engages in a series of affairs due to her overpowering addiction to sex.
Shooting is scheduled to begin this fall in Atlanta with Medak directing from script written by Christina Welsh. Meanwhile Zane will serve as the flick's producer alongside Susanne de Passe, known more as TV producer whose works include "Lonesome Dove", "Dead's Man Walk", "Sister, Sister", and "Smart Guy."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance