Judge Granted Nicole Richie Delay in DUI Case
Her defense resulted in something. Nicole Richie, who through her lawyer announced she would fight her DUI charge, stemmed from a December 2006 arrest, has won a more than two-week postponement Tuesday June 19th.
Superior Court Commissioner Steven Lubell granted the socialite a continuance, pushed back the trial date from June 25th to new trial date of July 11th. Lubell, in fact, said he would not put it off again. "She has two options: Either she goes to trial or she changes her 'not guilty' plea," Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, explained.
Richie was arrested in Burbank, California on December 11th last year for investigation of driving under the influence after her car was reported headed the wrong way on a freeway. She had been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI).
And since the reality TV star had a prior misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2003, she is facing a sentence of 90 days to a year in jail, a fine between $390 and $1,000, and a suspension of driving privileges.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation