Judge Granted Nicole Richie Delay in DUI Case
Her defense resulted in something. Nicole Richie, who through her lawyer announced she would fight her DUI charge, stemmed from a December 2006 arrest, has won a more than two-week postponement Tuesday June 19th.
Superior Court Commissioner Steven Lubell granted the socialite a continuance, pushed back the trial date from June 25th to new trial date of July 11th. Lubell, in fact, said he would not put it off again. "She has two options: Either she goes to trial or she changes her 'not guilty' plea," Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, explained.
Richie was arrested in Burbank, California on December 11th last year for investigation of driving under the influence after her car was reported headed the wrong way on a freeway. She had been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI).
And since the reality TV star had a prior misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2003, she is facing a sentence of 90 days to a year in jail, a fine between $390 and $1,000, and a suspension of driving privileges.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones