Judge Granted Nicole Richie Delay in DUI Case
Her defense resulted in something. Nicole Richie, who through her lawyer announced she would fight her DUI charge, stemmed from a December 2006 arrest, has won a more than two-week postponement Tuesday June 19th.
Superior Court Commissioner Steven Lubell granted the socialite a continuance, pushed back the trial date from June 25th to new trial date of July 11th. Lubell, in fact, said he would not put it off again. "She has two options: Either she goes to trial or she changes her 'not guilty' plea," Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, explained.
Richie was arrested in Burbank, California on December 11th last year for investigation of driving under the influence after her car was reported headed the wrong way on a freeway. She had been charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI).
And since the reality TV star had a prior misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2003, she is facing a sentence of 90 days to a year in jail, a fine between $390 and $1,000, and a suspension of driving privileges.
More Nicole Richie News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie