Motley Crue Sue Manager for Making Tommy Lee Looks Like Less of a Rock Star
Heavy metal band Motley Crue is suing one of their managers, claiming he pushed drummer Tommy Lee into doing two reality shows that took him away from the band and resulted in the cancellation of dozens of concerts.
In the lawsuit filed Monday June 18th in Los Angeles County Superior Court, band members Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, and Tommy Lee himself claimed fraud and breach of fiduciary duties against Carl Stubner and a company called Sanctuary Group.
The suit alleged that beginning in 2005 Stubner and Sanctuary got Lee involved in "bad career moves" including the short-lived reality TV show "Tommy Lee Goes to College," which the band claimed as "a ratings disaster" that portrayed Lee as "incoherent, lazy and incompetent," disruptive in classes and unable to keep a beat in a school marching band.
Further the suit claimed "Tommy Lee Goes to College" and "Rock Star: Supernova" were part of a "self-serving scheme" to promote Lee's personal work which reluctantly got Stubner a higher commission for solo projects. Stubner, on the other hand, caused Lee's absence from a 2006 European tour, forcing Motley Crue to cancel 40 concerts at an estimated $8 million loss in ticket and merchandising sales.
To make matter worse, the band members also claimed that Stubner once demanded 100 free tickets for Motley Crue shows that he resold at "scalper" prices. The band, thus, is seeking more than $20 million in damages.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!