Motley Crue Sue Manager for Making Tommy Lee Looks Like Less of a Rock Star
Heavy metal band Motley Crue is suing one of their managers, claiming he pushed drummer Tommy Lee into doing two reality shows that took him away from the band and resulted in the cancellation of dozens of concerts.
In the lawsuit filed Monday June 18th in Los Angeles County Superior Court, band members Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, and Tommy Lee himself claimed fraud and breach of fiduciary duties against Carl Stubner and a company called Sanctuary Group.
The suit alleged that beginning in 2005 Stubner and Sanctuary got Lee involved in "bad career moves" including the short-lived reality TV show "Tommy Lee Goes to College," which the band claimed as "a ratings disaster" that portrayed Lee as "incoherent, lazy and incompetent," disruptive in classes and unable to keep a beat in a school marching band.
Further the suit claimed "Tommy Lee Goes to College" and "Rock Star: Supernova" were part of a "self-serving scheme" to promote Lee's personal work which reluctantly got Stubner a higher commission for solo projects. Stubner, on the other hand, caused Lee's absence from a 2006 European tour, forcing Motley Crue to cancel 40 concerts at an estimated $8 million loss in ticket and merchandising sales.
To make matter worse, the band members also claimed that Stubner once demanded 100 free tickets for Motley Crue shows that he resold at "scalper" prices. The band, thus, is seeking more than $20 million in damages.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'