Tim Burton No Longer "Believe"?
Trouble appears to still afflict "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" despite its progress to come up to the surface under Paramount Pictures banner.
Previously got Tim Burton attached as director, the flick is suspected to lose the famed filmmaker as Paramount may be in search for a new helmer for the revived project, ComingSoon.net has learned. It is unclear yet whether this will bring any change to the planned production schedule, which has already been set to begin in winter 2008.
Based on Robert Ripley, who visited 201 countries throughout his lifetime to collect info about strange oddities, the picture is said to see the eccentric collector embark on a search of a magical, lost tribe of people. During the journey, he must battle nefarious forces and come to terms with the man behind the mysteries.
Pic was first announced to be made in November 2005 with Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski penning the screenplay, but later being put on hold in June 2006 due to its swelling budget. It was not until the end of the year that Paramount finally decided to bring back the movie into development, assigning Steve Oedekerk to make a rewrite on the script.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'