Tim Burton No Longer "Believe"?
Trouble appears to still afflict "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" despite its progress to come up to the surface under Paramount Pictures banner.
Previously got Tim Burton attached as director, the flick is suspected to lose the famed filmmaker as Paramount may be in search for a new helmer for the revived project, ComingSoon.net has learned. It is unclear yet whether this will bring any change to the planned production schedule, which has already been set to begin in winter 2008.
Based on Robert Ripley, who visited 201 countries throughout his lifetime to collect info about strange oddities, the picture is said to see the eccentric collector embark on a search of a magical, lost tribe of people. During the journey, he must battle nefarious forces and come to terms with the man behind the mysteries.
Pic was first announced to be made in November 2005 with Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski penning the screenplay, but later being put on hold in June 2006 due to its swelling budget. It was not until the end of the year that Paramount finally decided to bring back the movie into development, assigning Steve Oedekerk to make a rewrite on the script.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked