Tim Burton No Longer "Believe"?
Trouble appears to still afflict "Ripley's Believe It or Not!" despite its progress to come up to the surface under Paramount Pictures banner.
Previously got Tim Burton attached as director, the flick is suspected to lose the famed filmmaker as Paramount may be in search for a new helmer for the revived project, ComingSoon.net has learned. It is unclear yet whether this will bring any change to the planned production schedule, which has already been set to begin in winter 2008.
Based on Robert Ripley, who visited 201 countries throughout his lifetime to collect info about strange oddities, the picture is said to see the eccentric collector embark on a search of a magical, lost tribe of people. During the journey, he must battle nefarious forces and come to terms with the man behind the mysteries.
Pic was first announced to be made in November 2005 with Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski penning the screenplay, but later being put on hold in June 2006 due to its swelling budget. It was not until the end of the year that Paramount finally decided to bring back the movie into development, assigning Steve Oedekerk to make a rewrite on the script.
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion