Elvis Presley's Pills and Gold Gun Among Items Sold at Julien's Summer Auction
A gold-plated gun and a pill bottle belonged to the late King of Rock n Roll Elvis Presley were among the items sold out at the annual Julien's Summer Auction held Saturday June 16th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The gun was sold for $28,800, whereas his prescription pill bottle raised $2,640. "We'd planned to sell the bottle with the pills, but the Los Angeles Police Department told us it would be a federal crime to do it, so sad to say we had to remove the pills," CEO Darren Julien said in a statement.
On the bottle, it is said that it was for the antihistamine and decongestant drug Naldecon, prescribed by George Nichopoulos, who was Presley's personal physician from 1970 until his death. In addition to both items, there was also a microphone used by the rock icon on the Louisiana Hayride in the 1950s which was sold for $15,000.
Also sold out at the annual auction was the umbrella used by Marilyn Monroe in a famous 1949 seaside photo shoot by Andre de Dienes, which raised $42,000. Its buyer William Doyle is planning to display the umbrella at the Museum of Style Icons in County Kildare, Ireland.
Other items from the sale included Alfred Hitchcock's passport which sold for $19,200.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand