Elvis Presley's Pills and Gold Gun Among Items Sold at Julien's Summer Auction
A gold-plated gun and a pill bottle belonged to the late King of Rock n Roll Elvis Presley were among the items sold out at the annual Julien's Summer Auction held Saturday June 16th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The gun was sold for $28,800, whereas his prescription pill bottle raised $2,640. "We'd planned to sell the bottle with the pills, but the Los Angeles Police Department told us it would be a federal crime to do it, so sad to say we had to remove the pills," CEO Darren Julien said in a statement.
On the bottle, it is said that it was for the antihistamine and decongestant drug Naldecon, prescribed by George Nichopoulos, who was Presley's personal physician from 1970 until his death. In addition to both items, there was also a microphone used by the rock icon on the Louisiana Hayride in the 1950s which was sold for $15,000.
Also sold out at the annual auction was the umbrella used by Marilyn Monroe in a famous 1949 seaside photo shoot by Andre de Dienes, which raised $42,000. Its buyer William Doyle is planning to display the umbrella at the Museum of Style Icons in County Kildare, Ireland.
Other items from the sale included Alfred Hitchcock's passport which sold for $19,200.
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?