Elvis Presley's Pills and Gold Gun Among Items Sold at Julien's Summer Auction
A gold-plated gun and a pill bottle belonged to the late King of Rock n Roll Elvis Presley were among the items sold out at the annual Julien's Summer Auction held Saturday June 16th at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
The gun was sold for $28,800, whereas his prescription pill bottle raised $2,640. "We'd planned to sell the bottle with the pills, but the Los Angeles Police Department told us it would be a federal crime to do it, so sad to say we had to remove the pills," CEO Darren Julien said in a statement.
On the bottle, it is said that it was for the antihistamine and decongestant drug Naldecon, prescribed by George Nichopoulos, who was Presley's personal physician from 1970 until his death. In addition to both items, there was also a microphone used by the rock icon on the Louisiana Hayride in the 1950s which was sold for $15,000.
Also sold out at the annual auction was the umbrella used by Marilyn Monroe in a famous 1949 seaside photo shoot by Andre de Dienes, which raised $42,000. Its buyer William Doyle is planning to display the umbrella at the Museum of Style Icons in County Kildare, Ireland.
Other items from the sale included Alfred Hitchcock's passport which sold for $19,200.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed