Corinne Bailey Rae Holding Peace Sign Through Concert
If Al Gore has his Live Earth, Corinne Bailey Rae, Annie Lennox and James Morrison have their own campaign concert in London. Not for global warming, the September 21 gig is intended to promote global peace.
"Something that is of common interest to every man, woman or child on the planet must surely be the notion of peace," said Lennox who admits being "thrilled" in joining this event. "Without peace we cannot survive."
Dubbed "Peace One Day", the concert will take place at Royal Albert Hall, London. The main sponsors of this event are Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson and music personality Simon Fuller. During the show, a video message from David Beckham and Jude Law will be viewed along with performances by BRIT award winner Beth Orton and veteran singer Marc Almond.
In an interview Law expressed his enthusiasm. "I am immensely proud to be a part of this historic project. This process is about creating an annual moment of global unity. It can only work if we all become involved and it's essential that we do."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones