Corinne Bailey Rae Holding Peace Sign Through Concert
If Al Gore has his Live Earth, Corinne Bailey Rae, Annie Lennox and James Morrison have their own campaign concert in London. Not for global warming, the September 21 gig is intended to promote global peace.
"Something that is of common interest to every man, woman or child on the planet must surely be the notion of peace," said Lennox who admits being "thrilled" in joining this event. "Without peace we cannot survive."
Dubbed "Peace One Day", the concert will take place at Royal Albert Hall, London. The main sponsors of this event are Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson and music personality Simon Fuller. During the show, a video message from David Beckham and Jude Law will be viewed along with performances by BRIT award winner Beth Orton and veteran singer Marc Almond.
In an interview Law expressed his enthusiasm. "I am immensely proud to be a part of this historic project. This process is about creating an annual moment of global unity. It can only work if we all become involved and it's essential that we do."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked