Corinne Bailey Rae Holding Peace Sign Through Concert
If Al Gore has his Live Earth, Corinne Bailey Rae, Annie Lennox and James Morrison have their own campaign concert in London. Not for global warming, the September 21 gig is intended to promote global peace.
"Something that is of common interest to every man, woman or child on the planet must surely be the notion of peace," said Lennox who admits being "thrilled" in joining this event. "Without peace we cannot survive."
Dubbed "Peace One Day", the concert will take place at Royal Albert Hall, London. The main sponsors of this event are Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson and music personality Simon Fuller. During the show, a video message from David Beckham and Jude Law will be viewed along with performances by BRIT award winner Beth Orton and veteran singer Marc Almond.
In an interview Law expressed his enthusiasm. "I am immensely proud to be a part of this historic project. This process is about creating an annual moment of global unity. It can only work if we all become involved and it's essential that we do."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'