Corinne Bailey Rae Holding Peace Sign Through Concert
If Al Gore has his Live Earth, Corinne Bailey Rae, Annie Lennox and James Morrison have their own campaign concert in London. Not for global warming, the September 21 gig is intended to promote global peace.
"Something that is of common interest to every man, woman or child on the planet must surely be the notion of peace," said Lennox who admits being "thrilled" in joining this event. "Without peace we cannot survive."
Dubbed "Peace One Day", the concert will take place at Royal Albert Hall, London. The main sponsors of this event are Virgin entrepreneur Richard Branson and music personality Simon Fuller. During the show, a video message from David Beckham and Jude Law will be viewed along with performances by BRIT award winner Beth Orton and veteran singer Marc Almond.
In an interview Law expressed his enthusiasm. "I am immensely proud to be a part of this historic project. This process is about creating an annual moment of global unity. It can only work if we all become involved and it's essential that we do."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby