Sonic Youth to Release "Celebrity" Compilation
For 2007 project, Sonic Youth will release a compilation album that needs a little help from their celebrity friends. The alternative rock band will ask artists ranging from Wilco's frontman Jeff Tweedy to Michelle Williams to pick their favorite songs from Youth's discography.
Guitarist Thurston Moore explained the concept. "We sort of devised this idea of a Sonic Youth record where we asked all these different people to choose their favorite song, people like artists and actors and other musicians and what have you. So all these people, from Jeff Tweedy to Beck to Marc Jacobs to Portia de Rossi to Michelle Williams, they all chose their favorite songs and wrote a little thing about it."
The band, that decides to distribute this album through Starbucks' Hear Music label, will also have their selection of one exclusive song. This, along with the selected numbers from celebrities will then make it to the album.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?