The 9th Annual CineVegas Film Festival Winners Named
Coming to the highlight of the event, the feature jury of this year's CineVegas Film Festival eagerly handed out filmmaking honors in an afternoon ceremony held Saturday, June 16, picking up nine recipients plus giving honorable mention to four short film features in total.
Selected as the winner of Audience Awards for Narrative Feature was Todd Breau's comedy "Throwing Stars" while that for Documentary went to Richard Trank's "I Have Never Forgotten You: The Life and Legacy of Simon Wiesenthal." However, it was Adam Rifkin's "Look" that took its glorious turn as the surveillance camera film wonderfully took the top honor of the competition, none other than the Grand Jury Prize.
In the meantime, newcomer Joy Dietrich was named the recipient of Special Jury Award for Directing through her debut effort "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" with Robert Logevall's "All God's Children Can Dance" securing that for Visual Expression slot. Other notable winner was dark comedy "The Living Wake" which was bestowed the Heineken Red Star Award for pushing the boundaries of creativity and providing a unique vision and execution.
For short feature category, the jury delightfully gave the Short Film Jury Prize to "Room 10", the collaborative directing work of Jennifer Aniston and Andrea Buchanan that marked the former's first venture into behind-the-camera area. Complete list of winners can be seen on the official site of the festival, cinevegas.com.
In addition, the ceremony also extended honors toward four well-known names in American film industry at the Honorees Reception, namely Anthony Hopkins, Ben Kingsley, English filmmaker Mike Newell, and Charlize Theron. Hopkins was bestowed the Marquee Award with the rest bringing home the Vanguard Actor Award, the Vanguard Director Award, and the Half-Life Award, respectively.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group