Weekend North American Box Office of June 15-17, 2007
With the continuous flow of movie sequels hitting the theaters, sure it is rather unsurprising to see one taking over after another for the top place on the box office battle, and coming out as the latest in the band is "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", the 20th Century Fox's follow-up to its 2005 "Fantastic Four."
Debuting at $58.1 million in ticket sales, the superhero flick triumphantly soars to secure the No. 1 title in the competition as the number proves far bigger than the $19.7 million booty that last week's champ "Ocean's Thirteen" has garnered, thereby forcing it to go one notch to the second position this time.
Also takes a step lower to be the second runner-up is Universal Pictures' comedy "Knocked Up" which delightfully remains strong in its third spin on the chart for its capability to add another $14.1 million into its pocket to make a total gross of $90 million. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" and "Surf's Up" pop up behind to round out the big five with respective income of $12.4 million and $9.25 million.
Meanwhile, the sixth spot goes to DreamWorks' CGI animated "Shrek the Third", thanks to its good effort to collect $9 million, followed by new release "Nancy Drew" which fares well at $6.8 million. Making up the top ten films of the list are Lionsgate's horror "Hostel: Part II" with $3 million, MGM's thriller drama "Mr. Brooks" with $2.9 million and Columbia Pictures' web-slinger tale "Spider-Man 3" with $2.5 million.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years