Weekend North American Box Office of June 15-17, 2007
With the continuous flow of movie sequels hitting the theaters, sure it is rather unsurprising to see one taking over after another for the top place on the box office battle, and coming out as the latest in the band is "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", the 20th Century Fox's follow-up to its 2005 "Fantastic Four."
Debuting at $58.1 million in ticket sales, the superhero flick triumphantly soars to secure the No. 1 title in the competition as the number proves far bigger than the $19.7 million booty that last week's champ "Ocean's Thirteen" has garnered, thereby forcing it to go one notch to the second position this time.
Also takes a step lower to be the second runner-up is Universal Pictures' comedy "Knocked Up" which delightfully remains strong in its third spin on the chart for its capability to add another $14.1 million into its pocket to make a total gross of $90 million. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" and "Surf's Up" pop up behind to round out the big five with respective income of $12.4 million and $9.25 million.
Meanwhile, the sixth spot goes to DreamWorks' CGI animated "Shrek the Third", thanks to its good effort to collect $9 million, followed by new release "Nancy Drew" which fares well at $6.8 million. Making up the top ten films of the list are Lionsgate's horror "Hostel: Part II" with $3 million, MGM's thriller drama "Mr. Brooks" with $2.9 million and Columbia Pictures' web-slinger tale "Spider-Man 3" with $2.5 million.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates