Weekend North American Box Office of June 15-17, 2007
With the continuous flow of movie sequels hitting the theaters, sure it is rather unsurprising to see one taking over after another for the top place on the box office battle, and coming out as the latest in the band is "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", the 20th Century Fox's follow-up to its 2005 "Fantastic Four."
Debuting at $58.1 million in ticket sales, the superhero flick triumphantly soars to secure the No. 1 title in the competition as the number proves far bigger than the $19.7 million booty that last week's champ "Ocean's Thirteen" has garnered, thereby forcing it to go one notch to the second position this time.
Also takes a step lower to be the second runner-up is Universal Pictures' comedy "Knocked Up" which delightfully remains strong in its third spin on the chart for its capability to add another $14.1 million into its pocket to make a total gross of $90 million. "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End" and "Surf's Up" pop up behind to round out the big five with respective income of $12.4 million and $9.25 million.
Meanwhile, the sixth spot goes to DreamWorks' CGI animated "Shrek the Third", thanks to its good effort to collect $9 million, followed by new release "Nancy Drew" which fares well at $6.8 million. Making up the top ten films of the list are Lionsgate's horror "Hostel: Part II" with $3 million, MGM's thriller drama "Mr. Brooks" with $2.9 million and Columbia Pictures' web-slinger tale "Spider-Man 3" with $2.5 million.
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo